Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How much time do you spend on this board? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-time-do-you-spend-board-t49784.html)

katier825 06-15-2010 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinggrandmaca
I find myself checking here several times a day. I am don't go to a 9-5 job every day, so I am able to do that.

I check several times a day, even at work...I know, bad girl...but I just can't help myself! ;) I surely wouldn't want to miss anything good! LOL

katmom54 06-15-2010 05:07 PM

I spent so much time on here when I first found this site, that I thought I would never actually make a quilt! I am still pretty addicted, but after weeks of looking I had to try some of my own...and sew when I can, browse when I can't

Jeanniejo 06-15-2010 05:17 PM

Since we moved to Va. I havn't met any quilters than I can hang out with so this board is like my friends and family. I ceck it as often as I can. I'm a caregiver by profession so there are times I have to sit for hours so this fills the void as well as getting psyched for when I get home. We are also taking care of my in-laws 84 & 89 (they live with us ) so it's kind of a get away at home too.

pocoellie 06-15-2010 05:51 PM

I'd get a lot more done, if I'd stay off. LOL

mamaw 06-15-2010 06:19 PM

Every morning and evening; also try to check new posts at least once during the day. A nice place to be!!

tolepainter54 06-15-2010 06:20 PM

I try to take a peek before I go to work, but doesn't always work out. I come home and usually check while watching the news and in between cooking dinner. Our office manager blocked the internet, other than for work, because people were downloading music. I would love to be able to check in during lunch, but I make up for it on the weekends. My husband asks "what do you find to look at"? He doesn't do computers at all. More time for me!!

jljack 06-15-2010 06:22 PM

I probably spend too much time on here. I do work 8-5, so when on break I check in here. It's as much here as on e-mail or Facebook.

weezie 06-15-2010 06:26 PM

Quite often each day; it's usually what I do when I have a coffee break. Sometimes, I'm "betwixt & between", meaning I can't seem to get started on the things I need to do, so instead I check out the latest QB posts. Other times, when I just need to "talk", I'll post something here, which means checking in even more often than usual to see what responses I got.

earthwalker 06-15-2010 06:35 PM

I drop by most days...I learn so much and I love the companionship of like-minds, as none of my friends "get" the whole quilting thing. Sometimes (like today) I have spent far longer than I should...so now I have to dash off and get some work done around here before it rains again.

fireworkslover 06-15-2010 06:36 PM

I check the board in the morning, while I'm waking up and then when I get home from work and then again in the evening, if I don't feel like sewing. I don't watch hardly any TV, would rather be here. I too feel as if I've lots and lots of pen pals. So much info. and I love seeing pics. of people's quilts or projects in process. I probably spend too much time here, when I think about it. I should get over to the machine and get busy.