Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How to post and receive a message (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-post-receive-message-t851.html)

annette 03-28-2007 10:27 AM

Hi i'm trying to post a message, i really don't know how to use this board.will someone enlighten me on how to post a message and how to go back and read them. and where do you put your e-mail address so someone can answer me. My subject is the 10 commandments for a quilter, i'm trying hard to start a quilting bee at my church. please help.I know i'm doing something wrong because i'm not hearing from anyone.
thank you
Annette

patricej 03-28-2007 11:14 AM

if you want to add your comments to everybody else's under a thread (topic), just find the "post reply" button and click on it. a place will appear on your display for you to type in your comments. it will put an automatic subject line in for you, but you can change it if you want.

when you're done, click on the "submit" button. once it's up, which only takes a second or so, everyone can read it. believe me, you will get lots of response. everybody here is friendly and helpful.

at least one of us is completely insane, but she lives in my head and follows me everywhere. can't get rid of her. :shock:

the second thread in the "Main" section is about forum rules. it also contains all kinds of hints about how to post, send private messages, and other things you'll want to do once you get comfortable.

Admin prefers we not put our real email addresses where they're automatically visible. she would be more comfortable about our cyber-safety if we shared them with each other via private messages (PM).

if you want to practice finding out how to send and receive PMs, please feel free to start with me. :-)

annette 03-28-2007 12:30 PM

Hi, Patrice thank you so much for the information yes i do want to practice with PMs and also do you know any place where i may find the 10 commandment for quilter on the internet you are so helpful.

Thank you
Annette

zyxquilts 03-28-2007 12:55 PM

I found these at http://www.quiltbug.com/ten-commandments.htm, is this what you were looking for?

sue

Quilters Ten Commandments

Thou shalt not do buttons.

Thou shalt sew 1/4" seams.

Thou shalt leave no bolt unturned.

Thou shalt not rip - only un-sew!

Thou shalt not envy they neighbours stitches.

Thou shalt never pass a quilt shop.

Thou shalt cook and clean but once a week.

Never quilt tomorrow what you can quilt today.

Thou shalt not covet they neighbors stash.

Thou shalt not reveal funds spent on quilting supplies.

patricej 03-28-2007 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by annette
Hi, Patrice thank you so much for the information yes i do want to practice with PMs and also do you know any place where i may find the 10 commandment for quilter on the internet you are so helpful.

Thank you
Annette

well, i'll look forward to hearing from you. get thee to the instructions, girl.
:D

annette 03-28-2007 05:22 PM

Hi Sue Thank you so much for the 10 commandments.

Annette

rosalia856 11-01-2009 10:40 AM

I am looking for a pattern called "snow in the mountains" anyone able to help. Thanks rosalia

quiltinggranny 08-25-2010 03:39 PM

I know how to post a reply but not how to start a new question. For instance, I would like to know if anyone is familiar with a particular with the Omnigrid rotary cutting templates?

dsb38327 08-25-2010 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinggranny
I know how to post a reply but not how to start a new question. For instance, I would like to know if anyone is familiar with a particular with the Omnigrid rotary cutting templates?

Hello, hope this helps you create a post.
Click on:
Home
Main
Create A New Topic

Then fill in the title of your post "Are you familiar with the Omnigrid rotary cutting templates"
Type what you want to say in the larger window.
Then click send

nightquilter 04-17-2011 06:08 PM

I also want to post a question and I have forgotten how.can you help me I go to the main board and go around and around till I just get tired and sign off.