Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HQ Amana quilting machine. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hq-amana-quilting-machine-t305130.html)

happylab 06-08-2019 07:48 PM

HQ Amana quilting machine.

I’m debating on if I will buy HQ Amana quilting machine. I’m interested in any and all thoughts you may have if you own or have owned this machine. How easy is the quilt pro computer system to work with this machine? Or anything you want to mention. thank-you for you advice, info or suggestions.

Ariannaquilts 06-08-2019 09:54 PM

Are you talking about the Amara by HQ? Have never heard of this Amana just curious. I know that I saw on IG that Angela Walters had a big HQ thing where a lot of people were long arm quilting on this particular machine and everyone looked very happy.

jmoore 06-09-2019 02:42 AM

I had the opportunity to take a class on one of the Amara’s at MQX in Manchester, NH in April. It is a very nice machine and it seems HandiQuilter has finally dialed in on the tension issues of some of the older models.

happylab 06-09-2019 04:31 AM

Yes, sorry it is the Amara. I have the old HQ Sixteen and plan to buy up. I really like my Sixteen machine. I was just wondering if anybody had any issues good or bad.

quiltedsunshine 06-09-2019 05:29 PM

I have an Avante' and really love it. But, I bought it just before the Amara came out, and wish I had waited for a few more months. The Amara has some really great features that your HQ 16 doesn't. Like the digital tension display, and how the front bars can drop so you have more space for ruler work. They have lots of different presser feet that are easily changed. If you'll watch the "specials" that HQ puts out every month, you can sometimes get some really great freebies. Right now, through June 17, you can get a HQ Highlight, Secret Drawer or Electromagnetic Channel Locks. I am really wishing I could get a Secret Drawer. You can fit 3 drawers onto a 12 foot frame.

There's a lot to learn with the Pro-stitcher. We have an employee who's been to all the HQ training, and who provides free Pro-stitcher training to customer's who have purchased it. So you may want to see if there's someone in your area who provides that service.

UFOs Galore 06-09-2019 07:12 PM

Amara is a great machine. It’s got ample lighting, the handlebars move so you can easily switch between micro quilting and regular quilting, the stitches are nice and the motor is quiet. Also, the machine does not vibrate. ( I tried one well known brand at the spring Paducah show, and the head vibrated so much, my neck hurt.) The computer works well with the machine and it is a pretty powerful program. It is a good value for the price.

lilli480 06-10-2019 02:25 AM

I traded up from the Simply Sixteen to the Amara with ProStitcher one year ago. User friendly and stitches like a dream. Your dealer choice is important so shop wisely! Good luck and have fun!

grann of 6 06-10-2019 03:26 AM

I don't know anything about the Amara, but I have an Avante with Pro Stitcher. I upgraded the computer last summer and I just love the ease of the new program. I find it very user friendly and their tech staff is great if you should have a problem.

happylab 06-15-2019 05:48 AM

Thank-you you everyone for sharing your experience and knowlege with me. Today is the day I decide to make the plunge and get the upgraded machine.