Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hubbies who quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hubbies-who-quilt-t223884.html)

Latrinka 06-18-2013 03:57 AM

You're lucky if you still have a DH. Lost mine to cancer in 2011, pretty much hate life without him, but sewing helps somewhat.

Kris P 06-18-2013 04:07 AM

My DH is not a quilter, but he has an eye for color and design. The other night I was trying to figure out how to arrange some embroidered blocks with some coordinating yellow and red 4 patches, and they were just not working well together, even though the colors were right. He took the red blocks and folded them in quarters and set them on top of the yellow ones, and then replaced the reds with royal blue in the 4 patch. It was perfect. I never come up with ideas like that!

Newby0709 06-18-2013 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 6126941)
I am blessed with good quilting pals. We shop and go and do all quilting things together. I prefer my DH not to be involved in my quilting.

I totally agree. I am not interested in his sports so all is good.

My time 06-18-2013 04:57 AM

Nooooo way! I don't want my DH quilting with me. I love that man but quilting is my refuse. I have quilting buddies. My husband is a Alfa male and would take over. He can't help it it's the way he was engineered. We are together 24/7 since he retired so I like my space.

quiltmom04 06-18-2013 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 6126941)
I am blessed with good quilting pals. We shop and go and do all quilting things together. I prefer my DH not to be involved in my quilting.

Me neither! I like my own space and interests. It would really irritate me if he started quilting. He's happy to sit outside quilt shops when I shop, but that's are far as I want his involvement - except to "ooh" and " ahh" over my quilts!

Nammie to 7 06-18-2013 05:45 AM

Mine encourages me to go on quilt travels with a friend and is totally supportive of my hobby. When we travel he will be the one to spot a quilt shop and pull over. Then he will spend more time looking at fabric than I do! He helps me with color choices and always gives me a high five when a project is finished. I guess I'll keep him - been together too long to try to train another one!!:)

Stitch124 06-18-2013 05:57 AM

Sounds like me and my DH except he's not a book keeper by a long shot...that's my job. He gardens, I quilt and obsess about fabric while he obsesses about having a self-sustaining lifestyle. Right!!!! We have 1/3 of an acre and he want's sheep, chickens, goats, and even a cow (and we live in a subdivision!) Not going to happen. We go to Mass togheter too and I also go to my prayer group alone. We also share the furry baby....who helps him in the garden!

Originally Posted by omacookie (Post 6127519)
My DH is my book keeper. Thank God as I could never balance a check book. He does the gardening and I quilt..... Oh well I play with the fabric. We go to Mass together but I go alone to my prayer group. We share the dog.... Hugs

sguillot 06-18-2013 09:40 AM

When my husband was a live, he shared my interest in quilting and bought me everything. Since he passed away I really don't have anyone I can depend on. I still work full time so my time is limited. I take as many class at my favorite quilt shop, Pinwheels and Posies in Dickinson Texas as I can affort an are on week-ends. They are my happy place and cheer me right up. I am taking a beginner paper piecing Friday. I mis-understood the days when I signed up so I am taking a vacation day. I am happy for those who have a buddy, I sure wish for one.

1screech 06-18-2013 12:21 PM

I really don't want my husband to quilt...just cut my fabrics...not much different than cutting wood...wait I always have had to cut my own wood also.

Dawnmarieodya 06-18-2013 10:58 PM

You mentioned your husband's fly tiying area.I want you to know that there is a product he and you both can use.This is a product he can use to put on the end of his hooks so as not to get stuck and also for you to use for quilting your three layers to gether.It is called PINMOOR.I talked to the inventer of these and she said the guys love them for the end of there fly hooks.You can order all green so they look manley to use.I use them for quilting and will not go back to pins and safety ppins to hold three layers together. watch her video at [email protected]