Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Husband punishment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/husband-punishment-t201111.html)

SteveH 12-19-2012 04:07 PM

I made a comment once about home much time Heather spent in JoAnn's.... My "punishment" is that now she works there. Min wage, few hours, but ohhhhh the discounts.......

abdconsultant 12-19-2012 04:08 PM

i don't go to lowes, home depot, tractor supply and harbor freight, needless to say........

GrannieAnnie 12-27-2012 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant (Post 5730008)
i don't go to lowes, home depot, tractor supply and harbor freight, needless to say........

I like going to those places, but I don't want to look at hubby stuff---------I want to look at stuff I want!

cowgirlquilter 12-27-2012 09:53 PM

Okay, we have a very extensive point system that my hubby and I both use. His main goal on a daily basis is to secure points. He understands and recognizes that good things happen to those who behave properly, and he loves nothing better than to hear the points racking up in the positive way for him.
He also understands and accepts that he can exponentially lose points at a much quicker rate than gain them, and makes sure his behavior reflects that.

Really, we don't have a system. We laugh and use this as a joke. He supports me and I support him. He just is a dear, and will help me find any necessary gadget or pattern or fabric I may need.
Thought you might get a laugh about our ongoing joke........

mamagrande 12-27-2012 10:47 PM

I never shop with my DH...he does not understand the need to see several bolts to get just one piece of fabric but he is proud of the quilt tops that I piece. He is the type of person that does not shop, he goes into a clothing store to buy a shirt, he buys a shirt and goes home....He really likes that I have a creative hobby..

DOTTYMO 12-27-2012 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj (Post 5531203)
My DH has always encouraged and cheered me on when it comes to my hobbies and he never tells me what to spend.... that said, I love the way the original poster jokes with her DH... as I do with mine..... it shows that they not only share life, but a sense of humor!

Just got to work out a way of letting him know I want a long arm and they don't really sell them here in the UK.... (shipping could be high - LOL).

Hugs to all

Caroline

Caroline have you tried cotton patch in Birmingham . Lovely to speak to someone from England.

DOTTYMO 12-28-2012 12:07 AM

Being not married I shop these days alone. In the past I have shopped with my nephew who would look disgusted when I put some colours together and suggest another, he was always right. I also shopped with my father . He went asleep in the car outside and I shopped. One shop drove us both batty because one of the workers kept looking at him and then asking if he wanted to come in. One of our shops has a coffee area where husbands sit w siting for partners who are shopping. I love sitting there and talking to the men. They know exactly what their wife is after and their latest projects and are pleased to praise their skills. They also know a great deal about blocks and colours. I usually know exactly what I want and have seen it on my way to the area.

Annaquilts 12-28-2012 12:17 AM

My husband enables me. So no need for punishment. He does not linger and generaly and goes off to run errands and then will pick me up again. I wished he'd shop with me but that is seldom but so it is.

earthwalker 12-28-2012 01:59 AM

I have enjoyed this thread very much...so many different relationships, yet they all seem to work in their unique way. We just had our 16th wedding anniversary (trust me it's a miracle....I am extraordinarily difficult to live with:)). My husband and me are like chalk and cheese, polar opposites in every way (even our kids don't know how we do it)...but we do. The best thing is he understands my obsessions (guess who got fabric for Christmas:)).

nygal 12-28-2012 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant (Post 5730008)

IF we ever need anything not of significance then I wait in the car. But if it's a new ceiling light or something major that will actually be seen in our home then I do go in.