Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Husbands (at least mine!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/husbands-least-mine-t142628.html)

dunngriffith 08-04-2011 12:28 PM

Today I was showing my DH how I was making a D9P. His comment---- Someone must have nothing to do to sit around and do that!!!! :evil: I don't think I will explain the bargello I'm making!!! :mrgreen:

craftybear 08-04-2011 12:29 PM

oh no, that is funny

crafty pat 08-04-2011 12:37 PM

I just show mine after it is finished and he can see the end results.

mhollifiel 08-04-2011 12:38 PM

So funny! Yesterday I was piecing a D4P and my DH said that looks complicated and no wonder it takes you so much time! He loved it. But then, he started looking to see if my joins were perfect! I took back the patch he was "inspecting" and told him he'd lose his back scratcher if he became the quilt police.
This is the man who, when I get to the car with my fabric purchases, asks how much I spent. Then he ALWAYS sends me back because I haven't spent enough!! He also helps me with color selection. He has a good eye for that. I am really blessed!

ladyshuffler 08-04-2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by crafty pat
I just show mine after it is finished and he can see the end results.

Me tooo or he will want to make changes to my design or colors!!

luckylindy333 08-04-2011 12:40 PM

Very funny! Let me see if I can get this right: the definition of a quilt- taking big pieces of fabric and cutting them into little pieces so you can sew them together again into a big piece.

melissa Dove 08-04-2011 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by mhollifiel
So funny! Yesterday I was piecing a D4P and my DH said that looks complicated and no wonder it takes you so much time! He loved it. But then, he started looking to see if my joins were perfect! I took back the patch he was "inspecting" and told him he'd lose his back scratcher if he became the quilt police.
This is the man who, when I get to the car with my fabric purchases, asks how much I spent. Then he ALWAYS sends me back because I haven't spent enough!! He also helps me with color selection. He has a good eye for that. I am really blessed!

Your man is definately a keeper! My ex was NOT interested in anything I did, but I'm lucky to have met someone who is interested in what I do ( well for the first 10 mins discussion at least ) I don't expect miracles!! The plus point is that we both love cooking and gardening and thats probably enough to be going on with . Like someone else posted I'm not sure I really want someone checking my seams and joins are perfect ... LOL .. I actually typed LOINS lucky I did check the typing first, my loins are my own business!!

whinnytoo 08-04-2011 12:56 PM

My DH is an architect and is always checking my measurements! (the quilt hahahaha)

luvnquilt 08-04-2011 01:06 PM

LOL that is too funny, I just show mine when I'm finished, he's not really into the process. However, he has shown some interest in the vintage machine repairs I've done, so that was actually kind of fun. By the way, the little "grumpy face" you showed after the statement was so perfect for your sentiment!!!!

feffertim 08-04-2011 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
Very funny! Let me see if I can get this right: the definition of a quilt- taking big pieces of fabric and cutting them into little pieces so you can sew them together again into a big piece.

ha ha.