Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Husqvarna Mega Quilter and Inspira Frame (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/husqvarna-mega-quilter-inspira-frame-t235142.html)

Chaney Ranch 11-20-2013 12:57 PM

Husqvarna Mega Quilter and Inspira Frame

I have the opportunity to purchase a Husqvarna Mega Quilter with a 9" harp and an Inspira frame. Please let me know if you have this set up and if so, how well you like it and would you purchase it again if you could go back in time. Thanks so much! I just LOVE this group of quilters because of your honesty and sweet spirit!!!

romanojg 11-20-2013 01:45 PM

I only have the machine; its great. You didn't mention the price but I know that as of the end of last yr the trade in value for the machine at my Viking dealer was 500. Check eBay, etc and see what the machines are going for so you have a price point to base their selling price on.

alleyoop1 11-21-2013 05:10 AM

A 9" harp leaves you approx. 5" of quilting space - which is about what I have with my Bernina 440 on my Bernina frame. It is okay but limits the designs you can quilt. I'm looking to upgrade to a machine with at least an 11" harp or bigger. Hoping Santa has that on his list for me this year!

wesing 11-21-2013 06:09 PM

I have the Pfaff version with frame, stitch regulator, and Qbot. I would definitely buy it again, but as mentioned, it doesn't leave room for a lot of designs. We only do edge to edge pantographs and it works fine for that. We would love to upgrade but the cost is prohibitive. This at least lets us quilt our own tops and not have to pay a longarmer. You don't mention the price. Do you mind sharing?

Darren

quiltorelse 11-21-2013 06:30 PM

I have the Husqvarna Mega Quilter with a 9" harp and an Inspira frame and this summer I bought a used HQ16. I have both set up right now. I bought the Mega Quilter because at the time, it was what I could afford and I was tired paying someone else to quilt my quilts. I do a lot of donation and utility quilts. It is good for those because it only has 5" of quilting space so all I could do was small pantographs and meandering which was quick and easy. I guess I outgrew it. I love the HQ16. I can now do custom quilting on my quilts that I can't do with the Mega Quilter. I will probably take it down after Xmas. I plan to keep the Mega Quilter to use for piecing. It's a dream sewing machine for a quilter-only sews a straight stitch and the stitch is always great. Good luck.

Holly Quilter 11-23-2013 06:49 AM

I am picking a new to me Mega Quilter with Inspira frame tomorrow! Very excited as it's my first. It has cruise control and stitch regulator. It has hardly been used (2 small quilts). Seller had never used a long or mid arm before purchasing. I'm paying $1250.

peachrose 12-08-2013 07:17 AM

I purchased mine 2 yrs ago and just upgraded. The machine is great but only can do small pantos. The person I bought it off of warned me I would be looking to upgrade in 2-3 years. Great first small arm machine!

Capri 12-09-2013 01:58 AM

I looked at it as I am really a Husqvana girl, but I ended up getting the HQ Sweet 16 sit down model with stitch regulator. Then I found out that Bessington owns Husqarna, Pfaff and HQ so I guess I'm not a turncoat after all. Back on track, I chose it cause I can sit down. I can't stand for great lengths of time no matter how fascinated I am or how much fun I'm having, so I opted for the Sweet 16 which can be converted to a frame later on if I wish to do both. I am now just loving QUILTING as opposed to piecing and who would have thought I ever would given how much I hated it on my domestic sewing machine???? Certainly not me! Now the other advantage is space - it's only a yard square but has a 16" throat. Two side tables make it plenty wide enough for a super king quilt which I've already quilted on it. (SIL is 6ft 4in and a "snuggler")

romanojg 12-09-2013 05:38 AM

Viking now has a sit down as well. I can't wait for the next quilt show inFeb and hopefully they'll have it here to demo. I don't think my dealer has it in her store yet. They are now selling Pfaff and Viking so maybe after they move into their new store next month they'll have room for it. Paying off my Diamond Deluxe and my Brother Cut n Scan and my 5D Pro software before any new purchases. But have the sit down machine and a new easy to thread serger on my future list of things I must have.