Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I’m so embarrassed. Lol (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i%92m-so-embarrassed-lol-t291952.html)

Jeanette Frantz 10-18-2017 11:17 PM

There is absolutely nothing about which you should be embarrassed! I remember back, about 53 years ago, at my first full-time job after graduating high school, I was working for the Vice President, Sales, of the company, and there was a sales bulletin file which had a lot of material in it collected over the years. One was a cartoon of a salesman, and the caption beneath the cartoon, said "I consider the day a total loss if I don't sell something." Well, I modified that for myself --"If ever there's a day when I don't learn something, I'm dead."

Sandygirl 10-19-2017 01:41 AM

I am that way about my cars....usually discover something new as I am about to trade them in. Lol!

sandy

raskalb 10-19-2017 02:28 AM

I just got my 11000 and there is a lot i don't know about it. Thank you for that it sure works great.

Mkotch 10-19-2017 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Gay (Post 7927124)
I'd been using my Brother 4000 for 7 yrs before I found I could move the needle position by pressing the stitch width button. But I never had any lessons on any sewing machines.

I've had my Elna for about a year, and it took me a while to get used to it and its "newfangled" stitches. Recently, I spent the morning in the shop where I bought it, with my machine, getting answers to questions that have built up (e.g., how to hem a tshirt using a double needle, how to use some of the fancy stitches in quilting). It was a great experience. And I learned that my dealer is more than happy to give me a tutorial anytime.

Sewnoma 10-19-2017 04:57 AM

This is why I read my manuals - once or twice when I first start using something new, and then again several months later, to pick up anything I've missed. I discover all sorts of cool things about devices I already own that way. :) I even read manuals for things like stoves and microwaves. You just never know what you'll find in there.

KwiltyKahy 10-19-2017 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by fruitloop (Post 7927056)
Yep just discovered my Brother had the locking stitch too! LOL

I better go check my Brothers for that stitch.

jmoore 10-19-2017 06:38 AM

Cute story...

I don’t see how anyone could remember all the neat things these fancy machines do now a days. : )

kat13 10-19-2017 10:16 AM

You're not alone! I've had my machine for 5 years and while sewing some pillowcases I noticed that when I took my foot off the pedal, or just stopped the presser foot went up... I must of pushed something... Back to the manual!!

bjgallent 10-19-2017 12:55 PM

I have the 11,000 also. Have not read the book cover to cover. I should do that.

Grammahunt 10-19-2017 01:19 PM

Old Quilter: I guess it shows you are normal. There are so many buttons and dodads on our machines it's hard to keep up. I'm glad you found that button!