Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I "Vow" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-%22vow%22-t93580.html)

Lisa 01-24-2011 05:58 PM

Ok girls, I'm putting this in print so I need you all to keep me honest. I love to quilt. I love my quilt room. I love to just sit in there sometimes and just look (ok, I grope too!). Sometimes I just sit and look around, sometimes I go thru some mag's or patterns. Sometimes I look at my ufo's and sometimes I plot and plan my next adventures. Sometimes I take fabric and coordinate the colors or just go thru my fat's and touch them. Someday's I play with my jelly rolls or layer cakes and finger thru my charms.I sometimes sit down and sew up a storm or do a bunch of ironing. Usually I have the t.v. on, mostly for background noise but I will watch a mystery or two while I sew/iron too! I feel lucky and fortunate to be able to have this space to call my own and all my little goodies in there. This got me to thinking about the post(s) that I see where someone has made a donation quilt or charity quilt and it tugs at the back of my mind that I don't do any of that. I'm too blessed to be so selfish so.....I "vow" to make 3 baby/children quilts this year. Not much, but it's a start and something I feel like I can complete and not get overwhelmed by it so much that I don't enjoy the process. I will make 3 over the course of the year and donate them to our women's shelter or our "safe" house we have here in town. Now you do your part and don't let me slide ok?

gale 01-24-2011 05:59 PM

That's a good vow. I wanted to make a bunch but I didn't even manage to finish 2 last year. I have one almost done and one about half (top only done).

Cyn 01-24-2011 06:01 PM

Way to Go!

mommamac 01-24-2011 06:03 PM

your quilts will be 'loved' - just think, innocent children will be wrapped in hugs because of your 'vow'.

Rachelcb80 01-24-2011 06:05 PM

Great vow! Like you I feel the need to do my part and donate this year. I think Quilts of Valor is calling me but I've also thought about a local nursing home and our VA hospital. I want to contact each and see if they accept donations like that.

amma 01-24-2011 06:05 PM

They will really appreciate these quilts, Bless your heart for thinking of them :D:D:D

Murphy 01-24-2011 06:12 PM

You can do this. Nice promise to yourself (and ultimately to others). You go for it!! Show pics.

deema 01-24-2011 06:20 PM

I'll hold you accountable. Can you do the same thing for me? I have been wanting to do some child/baby quilts for the children's hospital I bring my daughter to for her yearly asthma/allergy follow ups. I think for now, I'd like to do 2 - one girl quilt and one boy quilt, maybe baby ones for the NICU...but *something*. Because I, too, have felt that "tug".

deema 01-24-2011 06:23 PM

P.S. The blue eyed angel in your avatar is breaking my heart with the pure cuteness. ;)

Lisa 01-24-2011 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by deema
I'll hold you accountable. Can you do the same thing for me? I have been wanting to do some child/baby quilts for the children's hospital I bring my daughter to for her yearly asthma/allergy follow ups. I think for now, I'd like to do 2 - one girl quilt and one boy quilt, maybe baby ones for the NICU...but *something*. Because I, too, have felt that "tug".

You've got a deal! I will post them as I go along and I hope you will also. P.S. That's my little blue eyed devil!!! ha ha! (grand-duaghter)