Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I actually have to 'START" my stash (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-actually-have-start%22-my-stash-t35316.html)

cminor 01-28-2010 07:14 AM

I see so many posts about sorting, and cleaning rooms and what to do with stashes . . I really have to start mine :thumbup:

So yesterday at lunch I went to Joanns by my office. Tons of fabric for $2.00 a yard. My logic says if I buy just 1/2 yard of 4 different patterns, that's only $4.00 or so. It's almost like a lunch - and not too much that my husband would even notice :)

I only hope someday - I have to clean it out!

lisalovesquilting 01-28-2010 07:26 AM

I think you've discovered a great diet! Skip lunch, buy fabric!

samroberts01 01-28-2010 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting

LOL!! Too funny! But it just might work lol!

Quilt Mom 01-28-2010 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by cminor
I see so many posts about sorting, and cleaning rooms and what to do with stashes . . I really have to start mine :thumbup:

So yesterday at lunch I went to Joanns by my office. Tons of fabric for $2.00 a yard. My logic says if I buy just 1/2 yard of 4 different patterns, that's only $4.00 or so. It's almost like a lunch - and not too much that my husband would even notice :)

I only hope someday - I have to clean it out!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a wonderful problem to have!

JJs 01-28-2010 07:33 AM

and another monster is created! LOL.....

once you get started you're gonna love it!...

samroberts01 01-28-2010 07:43 AM

Truly you will, I have a tiny stash but it was so fun yesterday to go in there and pick out some fabrics and just make what I wanted to! You will love it!

Quilting Aggi 01-28-2010 07:55 AM

What a fabulous lunch!!!!!

ladygen 01-28-2010 07:56 AM

That's how I felt not too long ago (a year, maybe?), and BOY oh boy have I got a stash started already! Not enough to make a whole quilt out of, as the fabrics just don't go together (even though there's enough to make at least three or four or more that don't go together)... but definitely enough to have fun looking at!

Boston1954 01-28-2010 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting

Oh my! When I think of all the money I have spent on lunches in the last decade.....I could have so much more fabric.

Elisabrat 01-28-2010 08:30 AM

I think its ok not to have a ton because when you do get to go pick up that tiny bit of fabric do you not feel like its the best biggest treat ever? When I can go to the fabric store with say $10 I can spend an HOUR deciding which one I REALLY want/need and then if I break it up into fat quarters I come home and the feeling of total excitement is marvelous. Your stash will come, especially if you do what quilters do.. save that piece if its over 2" or 4" or. from each project.Everyone of us has a bag of scraps that were too good to toss out :)