Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am a "celebrity"! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-%22celebrity%22-t57774.html)

NikkiLu 08-04-2010 06:51 AM

I am a celebrity!

Last June, my DH and I went to Paducah, KY (from here in MO) to visit our DD who lives there and is a newpaper reporter for the Paducah Sun. Of course, I just HAD to visit Hancock's of Paducah. I posted some pictures on here of the store and of me. Well, my DD actually wrote an article for the paper on things to do and see while in Paducah and mentioned how excited I was to go to Hancocks, etc. WELL - Hancocks of Paducah then emailed my DD at the newspaper and asked if they could use part of her article to put on Facebook! So, I am a celebrity!

Visitors apply unique perspective to local gems
Written by Dusty Luthy Shull
Sunday, July 25 2010
It was only a few weeks ago I was taking a picture of my smiling mom with her 10-year-old Kodak digital camera in front of Hancock’s of Paducah.

A fabric store. I took a picture of my mother in front of a fabric store. And it was probably the happiest I had seen her in ages.

Paula Z in AZ 08-04-2010 06:54 AM

How cool is that? CONGRATS!

sharon b 08-04-2010 07:03 AM

Are autographs free or is there a fee :mrgreen:

How exciting is that :thumbup:

CoyoteQuilts 08-04-2010 07:05 AM

Great! Your daughter wrote what mine would have said! I am still chuckling! How could we possibly produce a child that has absolutely no idea what bliss it is to visit a FABRIC store? The smell, the feel, the colors and ideas.........

wvdek 08-04-2010 07:13 AM

Smile!

dkabasketlady 08-04-2010 07:16 AM

Congrats to you!!! I'll have to get on their website and read the whole article.

mlaceruby 08-04-2010 07:41 AM

Congrats!
my boys are aware of the effects of fabric on my mood!
the middle one came home from work last week and asked "did you get a package today?"
when I sad yes he said I thought so! you are in a good mood and made a great supper!

Ms. Shawn 08-04-2010 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu
I am a celebrity!

Last June, my DH and I went to Paducah, KY (from here in MO) to visit our DD who lives there and is a newpaper reporter for the Paducah Sun. Of course, I just HAD to visit Hancock's of Paducah. I posted some pictures on here of the store and of me. Well, my DD actually wrote an article for the paper on things to do and see while in Paducah and mentioned how excited I was to go to Hancocks, etc. WELL - Hancocks of Paducah then emailed my DD at the newspaper and asked if they could use part of her article to put on Facebook! So, I am a celebrity!

Visitors apply unique perspective to local gems
Written by Dusty Luthy Shull
Sunday, July 25 2010
It was only a few weeks ago I was taking a picture of my smiling mom with her 10-year-old Kodak digital camera in front of Hancock’s of Paducah.

A fabric store. I took a picture of my mother in front of a fabric store. And it was probably the happiest I had seen her in ages.

Thats Great! You Go Girl!!! How exciting!!!

leaha 08-04-2010 08:53 AM

oh how lovely for you I was just at handcocks of Paducah yesterday! Just love that place so much eye candy!! For me it's better than candy and a lot less fatting. LOL

franie 08-04-2010 09:03 AM

When ya going on tour? Very cool!