Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am about 2 seconds from going back to sewing doll clothes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-about-2-seconds-going-back-sewing-doll-clothes-t105270.html)

debbieumphress 03-05-2011 05:43 PM

That's why I love to hand quilt. It's on the frame and off my body. LOL. The larger ones go to a longarmer. ROFL. I can see you wrestling with that quilting cat-bear. Love your quilt.

Jim's Gem 03-05-2011 05:46 PM

NO, No No, don't admire me!! My quilting is not that great. But it gets done, most of the time. Though most of my UFO's are quilts waiting to get quilted. I am not good a deciding the best way to quilt something and I usually pick a fairly easy way to quilt it (ie diagonal quilting, along the ditch with a fancy stitch, all over meanders etc)

LMB 03-05-2011 05:46 PM

Oh yeah it was a riot. I am so glad my husband didnt have a video camera... he stuck his head in the door a couple of times and laughed at me... finally I threw one of my shoes at him and he left for good. It was all in good fun.

barnbum 03-05-2011 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
NO, No No, don't admire me!! My quilting is not that great. But it gets done, most of the time. Though most of my UFO's are quilts waiting to get quilted. I am not good a deciding the best way to quilt something and I usually pick a fairly easy way to quilt it (ie diagonal quilting, along the ditch with a fancy stitch, all over meanders etc)

It's the layering that drags me down... I'd never get it quilted by stuffing it under my machine (and mine has a 9" throat!) without a field of puckers as a result.

LMB 03-05-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem

Not admire you?... from where I am right now... getting it done is just about the best thing in the whole world! LOL

barnbum 03-05-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by LMB
Oh yeah it was a riot. I am so glad my husband didnt have a video camera... he stuck his head in the door a couple of times and laughed at me... finally I threw one of my shoes at him and he left for good. It was all in good fun.

Well--maybe you could consider it a work out--you worked up a good sweat, right? There you go, no sit-ups or jogging needed for today. :lol:

sewTinker 03-05-2011 05:49 PM

oh my goodness! Even from that tiny photo I can tell that your quilt-making gifts are special. Oh don't give it up. Your eye for color is a Gift (& one I do not possess). Your frustration may motivate the eventual purchase of a Long Arm. wouldn't That be fun? :-)

LMB 03-05-2011 05:50 PM

It's the layering that drags me down... I'd never get it quilted by stuffing it under my machine (and mine has a 9" throat!) without a field of puckers as a result.[/quote]

Well that makes me feel better because mine has a 7" throat and darn it I did it.

Jim's Gem 03-05-2011 05:51 PM

Layering is not my favorite part either. But I have wonderful husband who just happens to have the keys to our church which is walking distance from the house. We go over there, push together tables and he helps me spray baste all my quilts. He's so good at it that he's even done quite a few of them with me just watching because my shoulder wasn't working to well at the time.

barnbum 03-05-2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by LMB
It's the layering that drags me down... I'd never get it quilted by stuffing it under my machine (and mine has a 9" throat!) without a field of puckers as a result.

Well that makes me feel better because mine has a 7" throat and darn it I did it.[/quote]

Well then, see..you can kiss those doll clothes good-bye! By the way, I would NEVER be able to make those!!!