Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am becoming a serious quilt hoarder (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-becoming-serious-quilt-hoarder-t105198.html)

Barbshobbies 03-18-2011 08:24 AM

You are so close to the exact amount I have , it`s scary.

darlin121 03-18-2011 08:27 AM

I must have sixteen pair of sissors. I just keep buying them. weird, huh?

maryb119 03-18-2011 08:48 AM

I do the same thing. Somehow, I usually end up using the things...sometime.

blossom808 03-18-2011 08:50 AM

You could put some up here for sale to us newbies who dont have much. Like me.. lol

carolaug 06-14-2014 01:34 AM

No matter how much I buy...seems like I am always missing something. Today it's black thread...I want to FMQ my shadow blocks with black. The other think I never have, no matter how many times I buy...its hand sewing needles. No idea where they all disappear to. Oh...and why I have never thought to use my coupons on new blades for my rotarty cutter...will be doing that too..

Geri B 06-14-2014 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by OES184 (Post 2700392)
I took an inventory of all my templates and my sewing machines feet. I printed them & keep a copy in my purse. That has prevented me from buying duplicates on several ocassions.

...what would we do without our purse....from lipstick, comb....pacifiers.....lollipops, gum......now lists of what we have/have not.....our life is on our purse!

athomenow 06-14-2014 06:19 AM

I always think that there will be lean times when I won't be able to buy some things and having bought them on sale makes so much more sense. I don't want to run out of the things I use on a regular basis. I do resist buying things that are not on sale so I think that counts for something! I say if you're having fun and no one gets hurt in the process, go for it!!!

pokeygirl 06-14-2014 06:47 AM

I was just telling DH this morning that I think I am a fabric Whore! I have to start using some of this before I buy anymore or I'm gonna have to move out of my room. Running out of space. :D

knitwitrosie 06-14-2014 07:34 AM

Wow, this post made me curious of my own "hoard". I've only been quilting since April, but I have two 13-gallon tubs of fabric (pre-cuts and yardage), a whole shelf of magazines and books, and a 13-gallon tub of notions, rulers, scissors, etc. Just today I got my order of threads from Connecting Threads... So now I've got a dozen or so spools of thread. Add that to the mix... Plus the TWO huge orders I have coming from Missouri Star and the gigantic haul I got from Joann's last night.... Couldn't pass up the good deals.

Not only have I cut myself off from shopping, but I have sentenced myself to my sewing room to get busy!! I'm not a "stash" buyer (yet), so everything in my hoard is spoken for... Upcoming projects on my massive "To Do" list.

I hear ya on the rotary blades and needles. I stockpile those when they're on sale because I know they don't expire :-)

Daylesewblessed 06-14-2014 08:57 AM

Seeing the price of the 5-pack of Olfa blades at Joann's yesterday makes me wish I had bought 10 packs when this thread was started a few years ago!