Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am getting one!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-getting-one-t185857.html)

Marycumi 04-14-2012 09:05 AM

Congratulations! Have fun. You will enjoy doing your own quilts. Great your whole family will be able to quilt together and make great memories!!

nstitches4u 04-14-2012 01:32 PM

How exciting! I'm doing the happy dance for you!

QandE2010 04-14-2012 02:24 PM

Happy dance, happy dance. Have you decided what your first project will be? And who gets the pleasure of keeping it? Be sure to post pictures. BTW, with so many long arms on the market, what was the reason (s) you chose the HQ18?

jlm5419 04-14-2012 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 5136775)
This is why I wished I lived closer to my family ( not one member within 550 miles) So we could co-op a machine.

I'm in the same boat as Lori S. I think one of the reasons my sister wants me to move back to Oklahoma is so she can have access to my quilting machine.

Dee 04-14-2012 08:01 PM

Sew happy for all of you.Happy Stitching making beautiful memories.

rrowe 04-15-2012 03:58 AM

Congratulations. It will be a learning curve so buy some muslin for practice or some printed quilt tops. Don't buy every gadget until you find what type work you will like. My favorites are a short (4-6" ruler), one long ruler, and the Versa Tool by handi quilter. Don't be afraid, relax, and breathe when you are quilting. (Those were hard for me to learn) Remember, to have fun while you are at it. The best practice for me was to purchase a large dry-erase board and to practice drawing on that until I felt more consistent. It is actually easier for me to quilt than to draw so give that a try. Pantographs are fun too so give those a try. Some like them and some don't. You will love it and congratulations.

stchenfool 04-21-2012 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by carly (Post 5136696)
Mom,Sister and I just bought HQ 18 yesterday. I am so excited, we will be getting it Tuesday. We will be having so much fun. DH is also going to take classes with us. I can't stop doing the happy dance.

Awesome - good for you! We all need Happy dances in our life!

sewbeadit 04-21-2012 04:12 PM

Happy dance for you. You will have a great time with it, woohoo! Congratulations

bikerbarb 04-22-2012 03:17 AM

I live in central illinois in a very small town called Dwight. When in illinois do you live? There is a lady in bloomington that has a shop and she rents her longarm out.

wendanik1 04-29-2012 06:02 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the Handi Quilter family! I too, have the Avante 18. Love it and love the company. They have the best customer service!! Be sure to go on their website and submit your MY HQ STORY contest. I was one of the winners for the 2011 year and we had a blast and were given a free retreat (3 day class) and tons of free items to use with our machine! Enter the contest, everyone has a chance to win!! Good luck!!
Wenda