Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am seen red and white (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-seen-red-white-t111601.html)

Maride 03-28-2011 05:35 PM

I took some time today to go visit the Armory in NYC and enjoy the Red and White exhibit of quilts. I have no words to describe what I saw. From the minute you set foot you know you are near something special. The room is a little dark, which makes the quilts shine. Every quilt I saw became my favorite. I invited my 17 year old to come with me and take some pics and even he was amazed. Is hard to believe that someone could own such a treasure and share it for free to every one.

Maybe what amazed me the most was the behavior of NY to this magic. Maybe quilts acted their magic on people. I was there for nearly 90 minutes, first looking at the quilts and then looking at the people looking at the quilts. No one was touching these quilts, doing anything they were not supposed to do, or anything. No one was even talking too loud, or moving too fast. Is like while you were there the city slowed down.

When we came out the speed of NY was back, but while we were there it was incredible. Wish you all could have been there.

Jim's Gem 03-28-2011 05:36 PM

That is so cool that you got to see the display!!!

CoriAmD 03-28-2011 06:22 PM

This was on the Martha Stewart show this morning. The quilts were absolutely beautiful on TV, I can imagine how spectacular they were in person! Lucky you! :-D

caliquocat 03-28-2011 06:25 PM

I would have loved to see it in person. I can only imagine the beauty after seeing pictures.

sewingsuz 03-28-2011 06:37 PM

Oh I missed it on TV. Sounds wonderful.

sueisallaboutquilts 03-28-2011 07:18 PM

I would love to have seen it!
Heck, I love everything about New York, any time of year, any exhibit, you get the picture.......... :D:D

Rose L 03-28-2011 11:35 PM

Never have I ever wanted to visit NYC but my soul just aches to want to go there and see this exhibit. Sigh.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 03-29-2011 04:41 AM

I've seen some of the different pictures of the display here on the board and around the net. It is amazing! I've never even thought about a red and white quilt before but now I think I need one!

LeslieFrost 03-29-2011 08:12 AM

Thank you for your thoughts! My heart is aching that I can't go to that show, so I'm grateful for all who've shared their pics and impressions.

Yooper32 03-29-2011 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
I took some time today to go visit the Armory in NYC and enjoy the Red and White exhibit of quilts. I have no words to describe what I saw. From the minute you set foot you know you are near something special. The room is a little dark, which makes the quilts shine. Every quilt I saw became my favorite. I invited my 17 year old to come with me and take some pics and even he was amazed. Is hard to believe that someone could own such a treasure and share it for free to every one.

Maybe what amazed me the most was the behavior of NY to this magic. Maybe quilts acted their magic on people. I was there for nearly 90 minutes, first looking at the quilts and then looking at the people looking at the quilts. No one was touching these quilts, doing anything they were not supposed to do, or anything. No one was even talking too loud, or moving too fast. Is like while you were there the city slowed down.

When we came out the speed of NY was back, but while we were there it was incredible. Wish you all could have been there.

Sounds like it was a whole lot of awe and a feeling like magic. Can't imagine being there in person, the pictures were just awesome in themselves.