Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am so mad.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-so-mad-t211802.html)

Kathy Osterby 01-24-2013 09:57 AM

I just got my first catalog from them and I can't decide where to start! Will be going for their CW and 30's fabrics after the 3rd of Feb(that's when $$$ come).

SharonTheriault 01-24-2013 10:56 AM

Just got my catalog the other day and was so taken by the colors and prints. Definitely eye candy. Went to the store when we were in Kentucky last year.... talk about being overwhelmed! Oh my there is sooooo much beautiful fabric! Then there's the finished quilts hanging from the ceiling that MADE me by a couple of the kits. Notions, and fabric, and patterns.... oh my!

NikkiLu 01-24-2013 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by SharonTheriault (Post 5810476)
Just got my catalog the other day and was so taken by the colors and prints. Definitely eye candy. Went to the store when we were in Kentucky last year.... talk about being overwhelmed! Oh my there is sooooo much beautiful fabric! Then there's the finished quilts hanging from the ceiling that MADE me by a couple of the kits. Notions, and fabric, and patterns.... oh my!

My DD is actually a newspaper reporter for the Paducah Sun and has interviewed the owners of the shop (Hancock's of Paducah - not to be confused with Hancocks) - anyway, the owner said that sometimes women come into the store and burst out crying!!!

LynnVT 01-24-2013 02:02 PM

I'll never forget walking into their cavernous store when we went to Paducah about 15 years ago. Soooo much fabric! And all the tables of sale stuff. Lucious. The catalog is nice, too.

Lori S 01-24-2013 02:04 PM

Getting the Hancocks of Padukah catalog is like Christmas morning.

dd 01-24-2013 02:09 PM

I just placed my order. Most of the stuff I wanted was out of stock but it said to preorder and it will be shipped when it comes in. Saves on shipping that way.

GrannieAnnie 01-24-2013 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by koigirl (Post 5808625)
....Not!!! To all those who talked about their Hancock's of Paducah catalogs. Yes, I mean you. Well, I had to get one and it showed up in the mail. OH MY GOSH!!! Beautiful!!!! Going to save, THEN order so I don't murder the budget. :) Breathe deep, control, hide the debit card....

I'm still pouring over mine! I DON'T NEED ANYTHING. I need to repeat that another 1000 times. But there is some super cute bug fabric I may have to get.

MimiBug123 01-24-2013 02:44 PM

LOL! This reminds me of my DGS. I told him to make a list of what he wanted Mimi and Papa to get him for Christmas. He started out pretty good, with things like Legos, Wii games, etc. Then he made big red Xs on all the things he had written and wrote "Just get me one of everything. It will be easier for you. I love you, G." I put the note in my TBD scrapbook box. I thought it was hysterical and he was only thinking of helping us out!

ayellowrose 01-25-2013 05:00 AM

Thanks for the discount! I've been drooling for a week!

nygal 01-25-2013 05:17 AM

Thanks for the saving code. I just received fabric from them two days ago.