Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am sooo upset... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-sooo-upset-t149771.html)

redvette54 09-02-2011 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by mythreesuns
A brother..PC-420 PRW.. so just a small throat area machine.

Yes, I could see that being a problem, my newest machine is over 15 years, with larger throat space. Since money is a problem, is there anyone you know that has an older machine that feed dogs drop, you could borrow? I wish you were closer.

bearisgray 09-02-2011 07:13 AM

How much more work/effort are you willing to put into this?

I understand that you don't want to put much more money into it.

Doreen 09-02-2011 07:32 AM

Go ahead and spit!

winia 09-02-2011 07:48 AM

Did you wash your fabric before you started? If not, it's a
good example, unfortunately for you, but for the rest of us
to wash our fabric before we make our quilts. If you did
wash and iron the fabric before you started, I don't know
what to tell you except maybe remove the backing, since it
is tied, and the batting and go in to reinforce the seams.
Unfortunately, there is no quick solution. I've taken quilts
apart to replace fabric that I did not like. When I started, it
seemed like a major project, and it turned out to be less of a
chore than I thought. I'm sorry this happened, and whatever
solution you choose will be the right one.

khurtdvm 09-02-2011 07:54 AM

I'm sorry this happened! That really stinks, especially after your MIL really likes her gift.

Vat 09-03-2011 03:23 AM

So sorry. Maybe you can add a satin stitch all around those areas. Or maybe a small strip of black around each block/seam that is a problem. If some of the seams did it with one washing the rest may fray with more washings. SO, you may want to reinforce all that fabric now and not have to worry about later.

Teacup 09-03-2011 03:41 AM

So sorry this happened. I know it's discouraging. If you take it apart for whatever solution you find, you don't have to abandon the backing if it's a bit too small. Just add a border in a complementary color to the backing you already have.

Teacup 09-03-2011 03:41 AM

So sorry this happened. I know it's discouraging. If you take it apart for whatever solution you find, you don't have to abandon the backing if it's a bit too small. Just add a border in a complementary color to the backing you already have.

yetta 09-03-2011 03:56 AM

I just want to give you my support in what ever way you choose to repair your beautiful quilt..a lot of good suggestions have been made, and after you spit you will be able to look at your quilt and take the bull by the horns and do what you need to do to fix it...I have lots of material or whatever you might need to use, please let me know what I can do to help you get it squared away...hugs yetta

plainpat 09-03-2011 04:31 AM

Wish I had an answer for you.It sounds like un tieing,then reinforcing all seams will be the best you can do. I agree with another poster who said it might tear when washed again, unless seams are resewn.I have plenty of black solid cotton if that would help,just PM me.