Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am still Hand Quilting on my Purple Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-still-hand-quilting-my-purple-quilt-t109100.html)

beginnerquilter 03-20-2011 03:30 AM

Hi everyone

I know it has been a while since I last posted but I have been so very busy lately and trying to recover from my broken leg and I am finally able to walk without any kind of a walking aid now. I am still limping but I can deal with that. I am up walking around and that is what is important.

I am almost done with my Purple Quilt. I have all of the Sashing Hand Quilted and I am almost done with Hand Quilting the Blocks. I should be done with it probably by the end of next week or the week after.

After I get my Purple Quilt done than I am going to be making some Log Cabin Pillow Tops. I got a whole bunch of Log Cabin Tops that need something to be done with them and I may make one or two Pillows out of it and the rest I may make a Quilt out of it. I have enough of the Square Tops that has the Log Cabin Design already on it and it just needs to be Quilted around the Log Cabin Designs and put together as a Pillow or a Quilt of some sort. This is going to be my next project.

The other Night I decided to get more organized with my Stitching Notions and with my Quilting Notions...I was at Krogers the other day and I ran across a 2 Zipper Pocket for Pens/Pencils and things like that. Well I bought two of them. One is for my Stitching and the other one is for my Quilting Notions. I was at Walmart yesterday and I bought a long narrow (not too narrow) plastic container with a lid to it and I keep my Rotary Cutter in it and a roller that you can iron your 1/4 inch seams with. That sure came in handy...the plastic container. It is just the perfect size.

I also bought 2 1 inch or 2 inch Ring Binders and right now I am using the one for my Project - my Stitching Project - and the other one I am going to use to keep my Loose Leaf Counted Cross Stitch Patterns in. I bought the plastic sleeves to put them in that fits in the binders.

I had some friends that came to see me yesterday and we spent the day shopping and eating out and we went to the Dairy Queen to get our Ice Cream. We all had fun and it was a very enjoyable day.

I am still tired yet from yesterday and I am staying put today...this is the first day that I have been able to stay home since last Sunday. I am going to be stitching and doing some Hand Quilting on my Purple Quilt.

The Book that I am reading is called Nurse Matilda. It is based on the stories from the movie Nanny McPhee. I got this book from my Library. I only have one more chapter to read in it and than I am going to take it back to the Library tomorrow and get me another book to read.

I think I'm all caught up now with my news.

Take care & Happy Quilting/Reading/Sewing
:)

Renee110 03-20-2011 06:10 AM

Glad your back up on your feet. Your purple quilt sounds lovely. Need to post pics!

kwilter 03-20-2011 10:56 AM

PLEASE get well quickly so you can post some pics of that fabulous purple!♥

beginnerquilter 03-21-2011 03:33 AM

Thanks everyone...I'll post pictures sometime this week on here.

CarrieAnne 03-21-2011 03:37 AM

Nice to see youre back! Cantwait to see the purplequilt!