Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I was bad (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-bad-t8446.html)

LovingStitches 06-24-2008 08:01 PM

Okay You are killing us...how much did you spend?????? :shock:

collettakay 06-24-2008 08:35 PM

Ok, I spent around $100..but its for a special aunt's 25th anniversary and it also gives me much enjoyment to work on. So its not only a gift but a past-time. The "bad" part is that I want to remodel our garage into a family room and we're putting a pool and surrounding patio in. My dh didn't say much. I just got the "you want all this stuff done and there you go spending $100 on fabric" speach. I just remind him of all the hunting and fishing accesories that he gets, not to mention licenses, and it usually ends there. I know I can talk him around to just about anything I want. Hence, the pool and family room. lol

Quilt4u 06-25-2008 01:48 AM

OK I got You beat. I went on a bus trip to the Cape Cod. last year with my guild. I spent over $500 and never told my husban and he never asked me about it. I was also the one who spent the most on that trip.

mic-pa 06-25-2008 03:36 AM

I have spent up to $300. on one shopping spree. Especially when I went to Paducah whichi is not hard to do. Sometimes my DH says "Is that all you bought" gotta love him. LOL

purplemem 06-25-2008 03:59 AM

I've gone crazy on this find the bunny shop hop.
I don't know my total, but it is well over $100. I keep buying sale fabric and super buys. I will post pix after I get the stuff in the mail.

That is my weakness, buying fabric online and at the shop hop.
Gotta love this hobby, it keeps me out of the bars.
Too broke! LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Connie1948 06-25-2008 04:04 AM

$300 but it was all on sale for half price. I just told my DH that I just saved $300. I know, I'm BAD
Conne

Barbm 06-25-2008 04:15 AM

My monthly balances are what's frightening. :) I was on a mission to buy enough fabric for quilt, bedskirt, shams, pillowcases and 3 pairs of curtains for our bedroom. Then the brilliant idea hits me- a shower curtain and curtain for the bathroom. Cost- don't ask- you don't want to know. Add in some tidbits along the way of "specials" and- well, lets say I better do a lot of notary work. :)

Hubby say the bill, but just said I better finish the project.

But I haven't had a bedroom set purchase like this since 1996 when I splurged and bought a set for my last house. I wanted to put it on the bed now, but it's quite faded and as my daughter says- that is so 80s. So the pastel goes away and I'm working on Lakehouse, milk & honey blue hydrangeas. I have all the fabric, 1 topper made (love it!) and another cut out. But it's on the back burner as I finish WIPs 'cause I can't stand having unfinished projects hanging out. 2 more to go and I'm back in business. Hoping to finish before 1st week of August.

beachlady 06-25-2008 04:15 AM

I have never kept track of what I spend. DH goes with me sometimes and just sits in the car and takes an hour + nap. I might spend over $100.00, but when that is all folded up and put in maybe just two bags, it doesn't look like much. This is at the surplus store and the name brands are at most $3.29 a yard, so can get quite a lot for $100.00. Love shopping for fabric. Who cares if we ever use it all up?

DA Mayer 06-25-2008 04:25 AM

i know when I bought my sewing machine a long time ago and spent 700 on it, my husband threw a fit. I still have the machine and still sewing. He has spent more on tools for himself and only used them once or twice, and we both had good paying jobs. I felt a little guilty, about a minute or so :twisted: :twisted:

sandpat 06-25-2008 05:11 AM

I try not to keep up with what I've spent...its too scary. I just tell DH what someone else here on the board has said...."just be happy I'm not a fast quilter...I couldn't afford it!" He disagrees..(aren't I lucky)

He is going shopping with me for a new machine..I'm looking at used...he is looking at the 7K embroidery machine. He always wants me to spend more than I want to on myself and my hobbies. He loves my quilts and takes them out to show everyone who comes over to the house. Its embarrassing! :oops: