Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I Beg of You... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-beg-you-t38438.html)

tlrnhi 03-02-2010 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
you are judging yourself aginst many many people. STOP IT. make your quilt and let us tell you how wonderful it is.

I agree with what K says.
I feel the same way too, but have found patterns that I thought I could not do, only to find out .... it does come out as nice as the picture!
Just go for it!!

no1jan 03-02-2010 06:00 PM

I understand what you are saying, I spend too much time here also.

But I look at the beauty of the quilts and the knowledge of the fellow board members and think, "Some day I will be able to do that!"

Happy Quilting!

littlehud 03-02-2010 08:36 PM

I know just what you mean. I get home from work at seven PM and sit down just to take a peek and the next thing I know it's after nine. I just love coming here.

Margie 03-02-2010 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
Stop posting pictures of all your beautiful quilts! I look at each one and think how much I want to use the same pattern and then I get depressed because you are all so much more prolific than me.

Next thing I know, I have wasted an hour or two of valuable sewing time on my computer and then I am even more depressed.

I can't seem to discipline myself to stay away. I may never finish another thing! :|

OMG do I ever know what you mean!! It is unbelievable how beautiful these quilts are! ENVY ENVY ENVY...at everyone's talents.

Margie

Oklahoma Suzie 03-04-2010 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Welcome to the club :wink: This site is very addicting and definately cuts into productive time on a machine :shock: LOL

ditto

MadQuilter 03-04-2010 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
you are judging yourself aginst many many people. STOP IT. make your quilt and let us tell you how wonderful it is.

Counldn't have said it better myself.

gaigai 03-04-2010 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
Stop posting pictures of all your beautiful quilts! I look at each one and think how much I want to use the same pattern and then I get depressed because you are all so much more prolific than me.

Next thing I know, I have wasted an hour or two of valuable sewing time on my computer and then I am even more depressed.

I can't seem to discipline myself to stay away. I may never finish another thing! :|

Welcome to the QMB where we're all in the same boat! :shock: :mrgreen:

On the other hand, you won't find a better group to hang out with!

Boston1954 03-04-2010 02:05 PM

The first time I walked into a quilt show, I felt like a beginner. I had been quilting for 9 years at that point. I may NEVER be as good as what I have seen there AND HERE, but that does not stop me from trying.

Take a deep breath and say to yourself "I am as good as my latest stitch. To improve, I must stitch some more".

watson's mom 03-23-2010 07:13 PM

I also spend too much time here and not enough time quilting. I can't thank the quilters enough on this site for all the info and inspiration you have given me. Now, back to reading the posts. LOL