Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I came from my local Walmart and guess what (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-came-my-local-walmart-guess-what-t22854.html)

Bevanger 07-17-2009 08:35 AM

My Walmart is horrible in the mornings, so I have 2 favorite gals in the fabric/craft area, so I got their hours and go when I know one or the other is there. I sometimes stood there forever and asked for help several times, That urks me to no end. My 2 gals I just love. I get ideas and a very nice attitude. One gal gets the newsletter from here, and loves our forum. I put the bolts on the cutting area......And they glady cut it.. Its sad when you get a crappy sales person. I've gotten that at Joanns ... Just a while back I asked for 4 yrds of fabric cut in 2 , so 2 Two yards cuts. Good Lord ya think I was asking her to cut off her arm. :(

KittyGram 07-17-2009 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
My Walmart is horrible in the mornings, so I have 2 favorite gals in the fabric/craft area, so I got their hours and go when I know one or the other is there. I sometimes stood there forever and asked for help several times, That urks me to no end. My 2 gals I just love. I get ideas and a very nice attitude. One gal gets the newsletter from here, and loves our forum. I put the bolts on the cutting area......And they glady cut it.. Its sad when you get a crappy sales person. I've gotten that at Joanns ... Just a while back I asked for 4 yrds of fabric cut in 2 , so 2 Two yards cuts. Good Lord ya think I was asking her to cut off her arm. :(

Actually, the one Wal-mart near me that I like has an elderly woman that works in their fabric/craft dept, and I adore her. But she LOVES to chat. A lot!!! Stupid me, the day that I waited for 45 min. to get that one yard - I went to the crappy Wal-Mart instead of the good one, just to avoid that woman - I was "short on time" - yeah, shows me, doesn't it!!! I tried to save a little bit of time by avoiding a sweet person, who I really do adore, only to be avoided for 45 minutes at the other store. That should teach me!!!!

Bevanger 07-17-2009 10:09 AM

we get in our chatty moods at our walmart too :D

Shemjo 07-17-2009 10:29 AM

My local WM still has fabric because there are no close fabric stores or LQS. Don't know hoe long that will last. :?

busiacam 07-17-2009 02:48 PM

BellaBoo,
We had our WalMart build a new store and changed it to a Super WalMart and it has a fabric department. We are a relatively small town and the locals complained and wrote and called the HQ and we still have a fabric department. Guess we squeeked our wheels loud enough and they listened.

Chris

deedum 07-17-2009 02:58 PM

I am sure there are some very nice and helpful people in the Walmart fabric department! I just don't know where they are! Wouldn't Sam Walton have a hard time with how things are done today! RIP Sam!

bearisgray 07-17-2009 03:52 PM

and they will lose the sales of other items that we purchased while we were in the store!

I would guess that the majority of us buy at least one or two things besides fabric while we are there

deedum 07-17-2009 05:41 PM

Well perhaps as a consumer we are just asking and expecting too much!Shame on us!....................no, I think not,more like shame on them!

deedum 07-17-2009 05:48 PM

I really do have a beef with customer service these days! I will say I did stop by our local Wallyworld tonite on the way home to pick up a few things, (not my favorite, but not sure I have a favorite) the check out gal was really sweet! They have a lot of good people that work there. Why aren't they in the fabric dept? I am all about customer service, if we can get it! I provide the best service I can where I work! We are just lacking that in today's world, praised them when you get it!

deedum 07-17-2009 05:49 PM

Oh, that is right, they don't have a fabric dept anymore! Silly me!
OK, I am done.

I think :roll: