Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I Can NOT Get the wrinkles out of my fabric--no matter what. Do I toss it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-can-not-get-wrinkles-out-my-fabric-no-matter-what-do-i-toss-t199812.html)

SharonCase 09-08-2012 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Missus Fear (Post 5497506)
I have that same problem with my face! But really, get an old spray bottle and fill it with cheap vodka and water (I use 1 part vodka and 2 parts water). Got that advice from someone here and I may never go back to commercial starch!

Thought this was funny and shared with hubby. He pointed out that vodka is made from potatoes, which are mostly starch.

shirsh 09-08-2012 05:32 AM

Mary Ellen Best works to get out wrinkles also...

matraina 09-08-2012 05:38 AM

Tracy, after reading your answer, I thought "She's an alcoholic, not a hobbyaholic." LOL

HilaryK8 09-08-2012 05:46 AM

Can't you wash it again and iron it while it's damp?

Noiseynana 09-08-2012 05:57 AM

I don't know what its called but it is supposed to be wrinkled. I have a blouse like that.

Lara122 09-08-2012 06:07 AM

oh my goodness! Quilters, this thread cracked me up! what fun to read!! =))

majormom 09-08-2012 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter (Post 5497551)
Tracy - to you occasionally spray into your mouth? LOL After a while I wouldn't care about any wrinkles - face or fabric!

Oh boy, you're cute! Seriously though, thanks to the folks with the solution to the wrinkle problem (on the fabric, I mean :-) )

Gerbie 09-08-2012 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter (Post 5497547)
I have a friend who used to work in the fabric industry that told me to use water and vinegar. I keep a spray bottle next to my iron with 1 part white vinegar to 3 parts water. I lightly spray, let it sit a minute, then iron. The smell disappears after a while.

I had complained to her about a panel that had the fold crease down the middle. It took it out. Remember to press - not pull and push the iron across the fabric - it will distort it.

This was going to be my suggestion to use vinegar and water also. I have used this to get a crease out where a hem on pants or skirts has been, sometimes I have had to do it a couple of times, but it has always worked to get the crease out - should work on the fabric. Of it doesn't work at first then I would suggest washing the fab again, since you used the press free or whatever you used when you ironed it, and then only use the vinegar and water. Good luck, hope it all works out well for you.

tlpa 09-08-2012 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter (Post 5497551)
Tracy - to you occasionally spray into your mouth? LOL After a while I wouldn't care about any wrinkles - face or fabric!

I got a good laugh out of this AlienQuilter!

maxnme01 09-08-2012 08:03 AM

I think if the squares are small enough the wrinkles won't show once it is quilted. I personally like quilts once they are washed and slightly puckered...shows off the quilting more.