Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I confess... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-confess-t132567.html)

0tis 06-23-2011 09:29 AM

Ok, I confess - I have ufo's (how many? I don't know), I have fabric that is sort of tossed into piles (meaning I don't remember all I have), and I am awaiting more fabric I ordered to come in. Geez - when I started this I only bought fabric for the project and finished before I started again. In 1 1/2yrs I have become a fabriholic and unfinished fabric project hoarder. The good news.....I am extremely happy in my fabric hoarding, ufo project , sewing room - I can work here all day - and it feels like fun....

Ripped on Scotch 06-23-2011 09:51 AM

It's like AA... Hi my name is.... and I'm a fabroholic. However You won't hear anything bad from me. last night we had a flash flood in our area and I had to empty out most of my sewing room... Looks like I get to re-organize sooner then expected. I took out all the fabric so the insurance guys could do what they needed to do.

momcpo 06-23-2011 09:54 AM

Like being a fabriholic is a bad thing???????

ckcowl 06-23-2011 09:56 AM

thats what counts- that you are still enjoying your sewing room- it is only a problem when you become overwhelmed- and don't want to be in your (quilting cave) any more...
i have always had a (love affair) with textiles---the quilting part is just an excuse to justify all the fabric i have a need for :)
before i quilted i made clothes- but still only because i wanted the fabric- and (family) kind of felt something should come of it :)

neeng 06-23-2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
thats what counts- that you are still enjoying your sewing room- it is only a problem when you become overwhelmed- and don't want to be in your (quilting cave) any more...
i have always had a (love affair) with textiles---the quilting part is just an excuse to justify all the fabric i have a need for :)
before i quilted i made clothes- but still only because i wanted the fabric- and (family) kind of felt something should come of it :)

Nailed it right on! The hobbies are just a great excuse to collect all that wonderful fabric I can't resist!

colokid777 06-23-2011 11:34 AM

Hi, My name is Michelle and I am fabricoholic! I think I am in good company!

MyWifeMadeME 06-23-2011 12:44 PM

You go Otis!!!

jaciqltznok 06-23-2011 12:55 PM

I more UFO's than I can legally admit to, or live long enough to finish...that is why I am listing them a few each week on here!

NikkiLu 06-23-2011 02:25 PM

I went to a garage sale recently and the garage was full of tables piled high with double knit material. I heard the "daughter" of the house tell somebody that her dad let her mother buy so much material because IT MADE HER SO HAPPY! I certainly hope that it did make her happy.

Carron 06-23-2011 02:28 PM

What ever floats your boat. Fabric works for me!