Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I did it again..more fabric for me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-did-again-more-fabric-me-t221548.html)

Rhonda Lee 05-15-2013 08:18 AM

I did it again..more fabric for me!

I just received my Connecting Threads catalog and my what lovely stuff they have. Soon I will be sharing in some of that wonderful fabric too. I have never been disappointed in what I order from CT. I just keep wanting more. I read about the moratorium some of you put yourselves on regarding fabric purchases. It would not work for me. It's just not in my DNA. The samplers allow me to see if the fabric is something I'd like more of and if not it all seems to get used anyway. So now I'm looking forward to receiving a wonderful package in the mail. Love this stuff.

MartiMorga 05-15-2013 08:40 AM

I am being pretty good. I am shopping for a specific project and not buying very much extra at all. It is hard to do but keeps things neater and everyone happier.

SusanSusan33 05-15-2013 08:55 AM

I've never seen their catalog but I just put in a big order for CT. I want to make my mom a lap quilt. Well after I finish the two twin sized quilts for my kiddos. Gotta have plans.

QuiltnNan 05-15-2013 08:57 AM

their catalog is too enticing. i had to have them stop sending it to me :)

Boston1954 05-15-2013 09:56 AM

It's funny you should mention the samplers. That is what I was thinking also. A little quarter and I can see if I will want more.

jbud2 05-15-2013 10:01 AM

I looked at the catalog too, and got some drool on it. I promised myself I wouldn't order anything till I make the kit I got last month! The fabric is gorgeous!!

qwkslver 05-15-2013 10:05 AM

I got mine today and I foresee another shopping episode.

Jingle 05-15-2013 10:49 AM

I got mine a couple of days ago. I have such a large stash now that I just don't need to buy more. They have good quality fabrics at great prices. I am trying to use as much of my fabrics as I can.

judylg 05-15-2013 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by MartiMorga (Post 6065479)
I am being pretty good. I am shopping for a specific project and not buying very much extra at all. It is hard to do but keeps things neater and everyone happier.

I agree it is difficult to let some of the fabrics slip through my fingers, but believe it or not I am happy with it. Have enough on hand, one thing I do like to get when it is a good price are plain black and creams. Have not picked any of that lately, but then again have not had much time to quilt lately, with the yard work that needs done.

Nammie to 7 05-15-2013 07:48 PM

I haven't received the new catalog yet. I like looking at them and seeing what they make out of different collections. Haven't been buying too much fabric - just for a patriotic quilt that I'm now quilting. I'm trying to make scrappys to use up fabric.