Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I did it to myself, but..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-did-myself-but-t220650.html)

Dina 05-03-2013 04:53 PM

I did it to myself, but.....

I am tired of making the quilt I am on. It is the second one like this I have made, as I want matching quilts on some twin beds. However, I am very tired of making this quilt. Next time I have to not do two the same in a row!!! Boring....... I am over half way through quilting it, SID, so I am on the down stretch, but....oh, it is soooooo boring.

Tell me to think next time before I do this to myself!! There is no hurry on the quilt, just my own deadline and desire to have it done so I can start something different.

I am the only one who does stuff like this, right?

(And to be totally honest, right before this set of two twin quilts, I made two others, identical for twin beds. Totally stupid. No wonder I am bored!!!!)

Dina

StephT 05-03-2013 04:58 PM

put on some fun music. Maybe that will help.

Elise1 05-03-2013 05:23 PM

Time for chocolate. :)

auntpiggylpn 05-03-2013 05:26 PM

I did the same thing a couple of years ago. I bought 2 identical Grinch quilt kits to gift at Christmas. I finished one and started on the second one. I was so sick of the fabric and the pattern and i just stalled; Christmas came and went and MIL got her Grinch quilt. I didn't finish the second one until August and that was only because my friend was coming for a visit from Florida and I wanted to get it out of my sight! I have not made identical quilts again and probably never will. In fact, I have never repeated a pattern either.

franc36 05-03-2013 05:34 PM

I listen to mysteries on audio books only when quilting. When I am doing something boring in the quilting process, I find that I am so eager to see how the mystery will end that I forget to consider what I am doing as being boring. Those mysteries have gotten me through many boring quilting tasks.

Sewnoma 05-03-2013 05:35 PM

This is part of why I have multiple quilts going at once. I'm working on an OBW and making those initial half-hexagons bores me to death. I have a "planned" scrappy and a "crazy" scrappy going along side of it, so when I get tired of triangles I can go sew some random fun stuff.

Nammie to 7 05-03-2013 06:34 PM

Same here - I usually work on at least 5 projects at a time - Right now I have a string quilt half quilted. a patriotic quilt pinned and ready for quilting, two block of the month projects - one caught up and one 3 months ahead. Also have an applique quilt about 1/2 done. And make American Girl Doll clothes once a month. Always something different to do depending on my mood.

Aria 05-03-2013 06:47 PM

I listen to mysteries, too! I HAVE made identical patterns, but not identical quilts. I especially love One Block Wonder quilts; also log cabins, which you can do so many different ways.

Grandma Peg 05-03-2013 06:47 PM

I have done this also but when you are done you can do a fun project and hopefully won't be bored. Hope it's done soon.

Dina 05-03-2013 07:12 PM

Chocolate,music, and mysteries....all good ideas!! I will incorporate all tomorrow!!

I have never conquered the ability to work on more than one quilt at a time, and I envy those who can. I actually started a Block of the Month quilt in Jan. to sort of "work myself " into that idea, hoping that it would also teach me to be patient. It hasn't worked well....I am not patient and I don't like having that unfinished quilt in that basket. Something in me says I should finish one project before I start another.

But, fussing about it has helped. :) I simply MUST clean house tomorrow morning, and then I will finish quilting and sew the binding on. And I am not doing two quilts the same again. Really! That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Dina