Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I don't mean to offend, but..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-dont-mean-offend-but-t76746.html)

Annz 11-17-2010 06:56 PM

I don't think it is offensive at all. I didn't like the purses at firstbecause it was not closed well enough for me. I prefer a zipper closure but then I saw one that Sulabug made and I was wowed. Now I know I will have to make one one day for me and who knows maybe more.

PUGLOVER1 11-17-2010 06:59 PM

hey kim, thanks alot. they are very cute, could have one to go with a special outfit. i have never made a purse, but received one as a gift. some one on ebay was making all kinds of bags and was doing very well with her business. i know our local quilt shop has all kinds of patterns and purse handles and etc. i don't know, i guess to each their own. thanks for the picture puglover1

Dobbie 11-17-2010 07:01 PM

If anyone really likes the large ones I just made 7 or 8 of the Field Tote by Amy Bulter...it is awesome and easy!!..and you can add a zipper to the top or leave it open with a small tie over or whatever you come up with. Everyone gets a tshirt from New England in a tote this year!! That is my story as they say and I am going to stick to it!! have a sweet stitched up day tomorrow!!

grandma Janice 11-17-2010 07:10 PM

I probably will make some totes next year for family but I will make them big enough for a tote to carry groceries. I love to see all the things you gals make but that doesn't mean I will make them all. Thanks for the ones I do.

merlinmom 11-17-2010 07:14 PM

I hate to admit it but I am clueless as to what a bow tuck bag is or what it looks like.

PUGLOVER1 11-17-2010 07:17 PM

ok girls, i just went and ordered the bow & tuck pattern..see how we quilters are.....can't resist something new, maybe for spring or easter a cute bag is in order..
puglover1

AlisaQuilts 11-17-2010 07:36 PM

Anyone have a great pattern for a great diaper bag? My son and DIL just told me that I am going to be a first time Grandmother!!!!!!

RugosaB 11-17-2010 08:25 PM

I didn't know what a bow-tuck purse was until I heard about them and saw them here. They're not for me, but they're very nice and I can see the appeal. I like my purses to coordinate with my outfit, and I developed a purse pattern that does that. I have a purse in plain fabrics, denim, navy, black, tan, and white, and then just change the coordinating tie. The print of the tie is what goes with my outfit. I gets lots of compliments on them.
Most of the bow-tucks I see are of a printed fabric, and there's something in me that just prevents me from carrying a purse that's a different print of what I'm wearing

blueeyez 11-17-2010 08:32 PM

At first I thought, what's with the bow tucks? I bought the pattern and it sat for a long time. Finally, made one and love it! And all the pockets! My sister saw mine and now wants one. I'm glad I made it.

New knee 11-17-2010 08:36 PM

I have made some of the bow tuck bags. I like them, and choosing the fabric is part of the fun. I have made some using buttons on each side of the tuck instead of the bow. Makes it a little more "dressy." I fasten mine with velcro at the top.