Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I don't mean to offend, but..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-dont-mean-offend-but-t76746.html)

mayday 11-26-2010 10:51 AM

me too ,but don't care in the main for table runners either.

AnnaK 11-26-2010 11:32 AM

I think the main thing I like about the Bow Tucks is that you can use your very favorite fabrics and have a one of a kind purse that is yours alone. This means not everyone will like it, but it is your creation alone. I bought the pattern but have yet to make one, though I have several great fabrics in mind already. It's ok not to like Bow Tucks.

fmd36 11-26-2010 12:00 PM

Hey, I am still looking for a good hobo bag pattern. At shows I have seen them for sale and seen ladies carrying them, but it seems like the tote (in various sizes) is the big favorite. I also like the idea of a craft section ....even if it a link to blogs.

IrishNY 11-26-2010 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by fmd36
Hey, I am still looking for a good hobo bag pattern. At shows I have seen them for sale and seen ladies carrying them, but it seems like the tote (in various sizes) is the big favorite. I also like the idea of a craft section ....even if it a link to blogs.

Me too! Is it worth starting a thread to ask for suggestions about hobo bag patterns? I keep searching and just can't find one that I really like.

tryitall 11-27-2010 07:26 AM

I don't get into them either.

bakermom 11-27-2010 07:46 AM

I was interested in making one until I saw one made up. while I think it is a nice bag, it really isn't for me. Same thing with the grommet bag that's so popular. i did buy the grommet pattern and started making it. Got mostly done and really didn't like it after all. set it aside for several months. DD saw it and thought it was great so I finished it and gave it to her.Again,it was a nice bag but really not what i wanted for myself. personally I also think the vera bradley bags are over-rated too. But that's me and my taste. If others like them-that's great.

featherweight 11-27-2010 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD

Originally Posted by Prissnboot
Please explain to me why people are so excited about bow tuck bags.....I just don't see the attraction. Perhaps it's just me and I haven't found the right color combination yet. I'm glad you guys have found something you are so thrilled with sewing, I'll just stick with the quilts I guess.

thank you for posting this. They don't do anything for me either, but I thought it was just me... :)

Wow, I am surely with you. With all the neat tote patterns I think I would try something different for a change...

featherweight 11-27-2010 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD

Originally Posted by Prissnboot
Please explain to me why people are so excited about bow tuck bags.....I just don't see the attraction. Perhaps it's just me and I haven't found the right color combination yet. I'm glad you guys have found something you are so thrilled with sewing, I'll just stick with the quilts I guess.

thank you for posting this. They don't do anything for me either, but I thought it was just me... :)

Well said CoriAmD and Candace. I like the quilts since this is the quilting board.

Merrilin 12-27-2010 11:25 AM

I don't know what it is. But people here in Ogden, Ut are just crazy about them. And my girlfriend is making and selling them for $40.00 each. And I get one just for asking. It will be my late Xmas present. They are cute and have lots of pockets in them. And I need lots of pockets. If you don't like them, you don't need to get one.

featherweight 12-27-2010 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Merrilin
I don't know what it is. But people here in Ogden, Ut are just crazy about them. And my girlfriend is making and selling them for $40.00 each. And I get one just for asking. It will be my late Xmas present. They are cute and have lots of pockets in them. And I need lots of pockets. If you don't like them, you don't need to get one.

We didn't say we didn't like totes. We merely stated we would like to see a different pattern for a change. They do make different totes other than always the bow tucks!!!!!