Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I finally broke down and ordered ..LOL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-finally-broke-down-ordered-lol-t214358.html)

Caswews 02-20-2013 10:33 AM

I finally broke down and ordered ..LOL

the catalog from Hancock's of Paducah. I have been looking for very bright almost neon colors for a quilt I was thinking about doing- which is now more of a reality of doing it .. LOL

Have you seen the movie: Avatar? (If you like SciFi; this is a recommended movie, and if DH will sit down and watch it with me instead of one of those "Man" movies as he calls them (you know shootem ups, bombing etc !LOL)its a movie to watch-which this has it in it for him !LOL). One part where he is walking through the forest and the colors are just alive in the plants, just vibrant so hHubs said he wanted a quilt made with those colors out of the 10 minute block that I do. So I found several different shades of those colors; now to make sure he still wants a quilt like that for the camper. LOL

IF not I may just order the colors to have as the GD's are into the neonish colors. It was another one of those while watching it; how can I use the colors in that to make a quilt. LOL Hubs says everything I see anymore I either want to sew it into a garment or make a quilt !LOL

Canada Kate 02-20-2013 11:05 AM

I saw Avatar and I totally get what you mean about the brightness and virbrancy of the colours used in the movie. Those colours would make for a sungalss- needed quilt for sure! But I bet it would be striking nonetheless.

Caswews 02-20-2013 01:21 PM

I am hoping so Canada Kate: I know it was just computer graphics but it sure was awesome ! Silly me, as the DH says, He's amazed I haven't made a car quilt yet ..Hmmmm...

I know I will have to balance it out with some neutrals and darker colors.. But I was just mesmerized by how I could turn that into a quilt !LOL with all the brillance, balance and just wonderment ..I will probably do it in a 10 minute block (which I seem to be just stuck on !!!LOL).

Also a thanks to SouthPStitches for her suggestion of using Batiks when I first was chatting with her about the quilt. She is always so helpful when I get something in my mind and just need someone to help me figure out the clutter !LOL Thanks ! South !!!!

SouthPStitches 02-20-2013 03:12 PM

Glad to be of service Caswews!!! Just a thought, that some of Connecting Threads Quilters Candy basics are very vibrant. Used several of them this summer when I was putting together a modern quilt top. Their batiks are reasonably priced and vibrant too. Whatever you decide on, enjoy the journey!

Originally Posted by Caswews (Post 5875896)
I am hoping so Canada Kate: I know it was just computer graphics but it sure was awesome ! Silly me, as the DH says, He's amazed I haven't made a car quilt yet ..Hmmmm...

I know I will have to balance it out with some neutrals and darker colors.. But I was just mesmerized by how I could turn that into a quilt !LOL with all the brillance, balance and just wonderment ..I will probably do it in a 10 minute block (which I seem to be just stuck on !!!LOL).

Also a thanks to SouthPStitches for her suggestion of using Batiks when I first was chatting with her about the quilt. She is always so helpful when I get something in my mind and just need someone to help me figure out the clutter !LOL Thanks ! South !!!!

Caswews 02-20-2013 06:03 PM

LOL South and what a journey it will be .. Probably later on this winter maybe spring/summer I will start on it .. I think I will get some neon pencils, graph paper and stencil it out to see if this is what I truly want to do ..