Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I finally got an updated sewing machine after all these years! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-finally-got-updated-sewing-machine-after-all-these-years-t257149.html)

GrammaNan 11-21-2014 03:56 PM

I finally got an updated sewing machine after all these years!

After using a plastic Singer sewing machine and borrowing machines all of these years I finally got an updated sewing machine! I am so excited I can't stand it. I haven't been able to quilt for a couple of years except for a few small projects. I have been living vicariously through all of you quilters on the board. It is a machine that I got at an LQS. It was traded in for a higher level machine and I think I got a good deal on it. It is an Elna Quilter's Dream 7200. It comes with six hours of training classes and I am going to need every minute as I have never used a machine like this before. Maybe, after a few months of practice I will be able to post some pics of some real quilts. No one in my family understands how excited I am or why. I had to post because I know some of you will understand.

suern3 11-21-2014 04:04 PM

I do understand! Good for you and enjoy!

oldtnquiltinglady 11-21-2014 04:22 PM

Especially an Elna. I have all kinds of Singers and other vintage sewing machines (I can't turn down a bargain at a yard sale, plus all my sisters are enablers). But I have been an Elna person since about 1960, love the quiet running efficient machines that every model is--my sisters also have Elnas and love them. My most recent purchase was an embroidery model that I think also can be used as a quilter, but since I have a LA, this one will be used exclusively for embroidery, if I can ever find the time to go and take the classes. Congratulations, enjoy it to the fullest.

bearisgray 11-21-2014 04:26 PM

Enjoy! I am happy for you!

Stitchnripper 11-21-2014 04:35 PM

Good for you!!! Enjoy!!!!!

slbram17 11-21-2014 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan (Post 6978516)
After using a plastic Singer sewing machine and borrowing machines all of these years I finally got an updated sewing machine! I am so excited I can't stand it. I haven't been able to quilt for a couple of years except for a few small projects. I have been living vicariously through all of you quilters on the board. It is a machine that I got at an LQS. It was traded in for a higher level machine and I think I got a good deal on it. It is an Elna Quilter's Dream 7200. It comes with six hours of training classes and I am going to need every minute as I have never used a machine like this before. Maybe, after a few months of practice I will be able to post some pics of some real quilts. No one in my family understands how excited I am or why. I had to post because I know some of you will understand.

I think Elnas are really good machines and will last a long time for you. Congratulations.

Cari-in-Oly 11-21-2014 04:40 PM

Congrats! Modern Elnas are great machines, they are made by Brother or Janome, depending on the model.

Cari

QuiltnNan 11-21-2014 04:44 PM

congrats on your new machine!!!

jeanne49 11-21-2014 05:25 PM

Congrats on the new machine. As a second machine I have an Elna 3007, it's an electronic sewing machine and is a real workhorse. I had it at my girlfriends house because we used to get together on weekends and sew but I just brought it home because my great nephew wants to learn how to sew.

quiltingcandy 11-21-2014 05:33 PM

Congratulations! It is fun to have a new machine and to learn all the little things it can do. Then comes the time when you ask yourself, How ever did I live without all these bells and whistles? Elna's are great machines, Enjoy!