Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I finally have the money for a new embroidery sewing machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-finally-have-money-new-embroidery-sewing-machine-t132876.html)

Lollipop Corner 06-25-2011 08:59 AM

I've always had Brother embroidery machines from my first 4x4 hoop until I recently got a Baby Lock Esante. I loved my Brothers, but I really love my Baby Lock. It's a sewing/quilting/embroidery machine. It takes up to a 6x10 hoop. So far I've been able to do everything I wanted to with it. My favorite part about it though is it's so much quieter. It retails for around $3000 but I got mine used with not a lot of use for half that on e-bay (from a dealer).

joann11 06-25-2011 09:04 AM

I have a Janome 350e. It is a nice embroider machine. First I have owned. Easy to learn on. Does 5-7in , 51/2 -5/12in and giga hoop. The programs are what I think are expensive for all the machines. Look around and good luck. love joann11

Debra Mc 06-25-2011 09:07 AM

Don't know how much you want to spend but I would buy the Babylock Ellisimo Or the Brother Quattrro 6000D. They are pretty much the same except you get some free Disney patterns with the Brother. I took a class on the Brother & I fell in love, it is a fabulous machine.

joysewer 06-25-2011 09:08 AM

I have a Brother Quattro and I love it. It's an embroidery workhorse and has a nice big bed for machine quilting. It also has great runway lighting.

vickig626 06-25-2011 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by lovedquilts
I have owned 3 babylock embroidery machines, I started with the Ellure traded for an Esante and finally my dream machine the Ellisimo. So easy to use and has lots of bells and whistles

so envious :-)
I upgraded from the B/L quilter's choice to the Esante but am drooling over the Ellisimo. Maybe in another 2-3 years. Yes, easy to learn and use, runs smooth, love my B/L.

nannie 06-25-2011 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by peggy463
So that means I need advice and NOT from a dealer. I need advice from the experts, you the quilters those of you who use the embroidery machines. I currently have a husqvarna and I love it, but I also like the Bernina, and pfaff. I just don't want to drop all that money on a sewing machine and not get some feed back from you all. I tried to google "most purchased/re-purchased embroidery sewing machine by quilters" but nothing came up. I even tried to look for performance and feature ratings, but still nothing. The dealers all tell you theirs is the best and why.
Appreciate all your in put
peggy

I have a Janome 9700 and a BL Esante. Love them both.

dotterbeck 06-25-2011 09:58 AM

Wal Mart has a Brothers embroidery machine SE400 that will do wonderful designs. Computer ready, memory card, custom designs. I am embroidering snowflakes on a quilt this afternoon. I love my machine. Buy one and check it out. If you don't like it just retun it. No questions asked.

Ardell 06-25-2011 10:49 AM

I have the Bernina 730 and the 830 and love them both.
My dealer is still teaching me things and he wants us to use
the machines all the time. Go with a dealer that cares about
you and makes certain that you can work everything on it.
I went with the Bernina dealer because after a couple of years he is still providing help and answering my questions. He is only a couple of blocks away so everytime
I need help and advice he is always there. I bet he is sick
of me but he still smiles and gets me through it. LOL

yetta 06-25-2011 10:56 AM

my bernina 640 .. love it..

lonestardreams 06-25-2011 11:04 AM

I agree with everyone about making sure you hook up with a good dealer. I sew on a Bernina and embroider on a Brother and love them both. The best thing though is the dealer- she's great and it makes my machines even easier to use. I'll also agree that the accessories for Bernina are expensive but I love my 380 (strictly sewing). Go for an embroidery machine that reaches out to you and a dealer that will be there for you.