Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I goofed... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-goofed-t189105.html)

jcrow 05-15-2012 03:48 PM

I goofed...

I just spent an hour drawing applique houses on my Steam a Seam Lite. I drew 21 roofs, 21 houses, 21 doors. I cut one out to try (thankfully). I ironed the rooftop to the back of my fabric and then realized I used the Fusion pens to draw with. The iron erased it. Now I have to re-draw them all again. I just grabbed the closest pen to me. It is a very valuable lesson. I'm just grateful I didn't cut them all out and iron them all at once. Back to the drawing board.

MadQuilter 05-15-2012 04:12 PM

I think this is bigger than an oops - an OH SH** maybe? Glad you can get a do-over.

Neesie 05-15-2012 04:41 PM

Maybe it's just a day for goofs. I was piecing another top, for another dog bed (long story). The original block was a pinwheel star but I decided to put a paw print, instead of a pinwheel. Cut a center square, appliqued the paw print, sewed on the HSTs, then decided the paw print would look better on a different background. Made a new center, did the appliqued paw print again, etc. This time, when I sewed on the side HSTs, I noticed they were a bit too long . . . but figured I'd simply cut my original square, too large. No problem. I'd trim, as needed. Got the flying geese all nice and neat. So! I began pinning together my three rows . . . but the flying geese section was too long for my center block. HUH??? Turns out I forgot about taking 1/2" seams, when I cut out that center block. DUH!!!! After trimming back all the other pieces, decided to take a break . . . and here I am. :p

Tartan 05-15-2012 06:34 PM

I keep my black Frixion pen and my black fine Sharpie faaar away from each other now. I don't think I have to tell you why.:)

sewnsewer2 05-15-2012 07:07 PM

The next time you do that, put your fabric in the fridge, the lines will reappear in a little bit. We tried this in the freezer at a meeting and it is true!

Needlegrammy 05-15-2012 07:39 PM

I did the same thing .....put it in the freezer the lines came back. Good luck!

rusty quilter 05-16-2012 09:22 AM

Can't even begin to list all of the screw ups my quilting adventures have produced!

Jingle 05-16-2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by rusty quilter (Post 5221099)
Can't even begin to list all of the screw ups my quilting adventures have produced!

Me neither, not this one but, lots of others. Just when I think I have made all possible goofs, I come up with another.

Cindy60545 05-17-2012 02:40 AM

i'm joining this crowd! I can't remember all the oops I've done! Too many to count!

AnnT 05-17-2012 03:21 AM

Me too! Way too many Oops and Oh S***! moments happen at my sewing space to count!! I get frustrated but then figure out how to deal. Of course, in some cases it may take me a year or two to "deal"! LOL