Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I got an Accuquilt Go! Now what? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-got-accuquilt-go-now-what-t297750.html)

themadpatter 06-20-2018 05:22 PM

I got an Accuquilt Go! Now what?

I got it on sgw but its just the machine. Besides dies, what else do I need? Also, are cubes a good deal, or is it better to just buy separate dies because you don't use half the ones in a given cube. Thanks for helping me avoid unnecessary purchases.

osewme 06-20-2018 05:44 PM

I've been looking in to the Accuquilt Go & also the Sizzix fabric cutter. If I get one it will be a while as too many things have gone on the blink at our house this summer & I'll have to save up for one for later. I've heard that Black Friday is a good time to buy. You might want to wait until then to get good deals on your dies & mats.

By the way, what is sgw?

retiredteacher09 06-20-2018 07:10 PM

Welcome to the world of Accuquilt! If you are on Facebook, you can ask to join Accuquilt and Beyond. Questions are definitely welcome.

quiltingshorttimer 06-20-2018 08:00 PM

I have the Accuquilt Go BIG and when I got it the Qubes were not out yet, so started with the separate dies. I highly recommend the strip die bundle (you can use it for so many things) and a Qube. You get not only tons of shapes in the Qube but also the mats. choose the size that you are most likely to use--but remember that if you make, for instance, 12" blocks that have lots of parts in them, you may actually want to get the 9 or 8 or 6" Qubes. I also got the 6" Drunkards Path and love it! I will never again make bias binding or rag quilts without a Go!

themadpatter 06-20-2018 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by osewme (Post 8079518)
By the way, what is sgw?

It's Shopgoodwill.com. It's their online auction site

ArlaJo 06-20-2018 10:23 PM

I buy my dies as I need them. A cube is a lot of money (IMHO) and there are a lot of things there that I wouldn't use. I really like it for strip cutting and for squares. I also love the flying geese die.

Murphy224 06-21-2018 01:49 AM

If you don't want a lot of your money tied up in dies that go unused, just look at the dies on the website, decide if you want to make a quilt using those dies, and buy only the dies you need. Then use them and make a quilt. Don't do like I did and buy dies that are sitting unused waiting for the day I get inspired to make a quilt with them. That said, I bought dies that were on sale, and the shape ones like stars, hearts, circles, birds, flowers, animals, etc used in applique that are difficult to cut any other way. I also bought the 5" die and used it to cut a lot of my scraps into charms. I love my Accuquilt and and although it may sit unused for months at a time, it is really nice to have when inspiration strikes.

Battle Axe 06-21-2018 02:44 AM

I just checked there is one on there now from Oregon. CHEEEEEP.

jetayre 06-21-2018 03:41 AM

Sgw

Thanks so much for this info. This is one of the many reasons I enjoy this forum....the varied learning expeiences

Originally Posted by themadpatter (Post 8079583)
It's Shopgoodwill.com. It's their online auction site

SusieQOH 06-21-2018 03:50 AM

I bought some basics- 5 inch squares 2.5 inch squares, 2.5 inch strips, and a couple of sets like Hunter's Star and Drunkard's path.
I've gotten better deals on Ebay for these. The Accuquilt website is not very user friendly and the prices are higher. I only buy there when there is a sale with free ship.
I hope you enjoy your cutter. I love mine!
PS. I haven't bought any cubes- way too pricey!