Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I got an email from LQS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-got-email-lqs-t320578.html)

Onebyone 04-26-2023 06:45 PM

I got an email from LQS

IT IS A TULA EVERGLOW FABRIC SALE!!!

THE NEW TULA EVERGLOW FABRIC

$11.99 per yard OFFER GOOD THRU

APRIL 29th!

If this is a considered a sale price then I don't see how a LQS staying in business for long. I'll buy from online shops daily deals, flash sales, and clearance sales.

I called a guild member who works there. She said the regular price is now $13.99 a yard. Way up from the last shipment, even the sale bin fabric will be about $10 a yard now. I don't think many will/can support that much increase in the cost of fabric. Won't the quilters in countries that pay $20 or more will see that price double?

Jo Anne B. 04-26-2023 07:05 PM

I saw bolts for $14.25 today. Yikes!!

quiltedsunshine 04-27-2023 03:49 AM

The industry is moving towards digital printing, which is more expensive.

I've seen customers who would pay any price for the designers they love, or for just the perfect fabric. So I don't see it slowing down too much.

However, I personally, don't have the income for those prices. I will be trying to use fabric from my stash and only purchase what I need.

sewingpup 04-27-2023 04:19 AM

yep, have a huge stash, will work from that. I also try and remember that stash building is for the younger folks. When I was young, 4.75 an hour was a good wage. So, young buyers, pick your stash fabric wisely as you many be using it well into the future!

Onebyone 04-27-2023 07:17 AM

My husband after listening to me rant said you know paper towels are about $15 a package. Stop using paper towels and buy fabric to make kitchen towels. LOL Then he said my ammo for hunting is three times that, want to hear how much a new saw blade is? How much lumber is? All hobbies are luxury indulgences now.

ElaineCovid 04-27-2023 02:09 PM

Our prices here can range from $16 - $24 a yard, equivalent to $11.50-$17 USD a yard. That's for regular width yardage. Wide backs etc are more.

patricej 04-27-2023 02:54 PM

i can remember ... back when the QB just started ... having a fit to hear LQS were charging $8 per yard.

now, that's considered a bargain.

SusieQOH 04-27-2023 04:03 PM

I guess bird watching is a cheap hobby :D
Onebyone- your husband is right. Now get busy making those paper towels!! :D

Onebyone 04-27-2023 08:33 PM

My Sis in law is a bird watcher . she has a list and she travels many miles to see one bird. She takes it very seriously. She has expensive cameras, lens, and high Tec binoculars. She goes to meetings. She spends a lot!

toverly 04-28-2023 02:56 AM

Above my limit for sure. I would really really have to love it to pay $14 a yard. Fortunately, I love my stash. I find that the only fabrics I have been purchasing lately are solids for backgrounds.