Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I got a new machine yesterday!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-got-new-machine-yesterday-t166244.html)

1000projects 11-06-2011 04:46 PM

congratulations!

Happy Tails 11-06-2011 04:57 PM

Congratulations...I have a Baby Lock Ellegant 2 and I love it. The thing I love about the BLs is you can trade UP and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg all at once - just an arm lol Wendy

emmy 11-06-2011 05:02 PM

How exciting to be getting a new machine. You will love the ease of sewing. I have the BL Quest Plus and love it.

KathyKat 11-06-2011 05:21 PM

Congrats on your new machine! It sounds like a great one from what I've read about it.

roxie623 11-06-2011 09:09 PM

Congrats!! Have fun playing with your new baby.

sewloved 11-06-2011 09:11 PM

One would expect to pay a lot. ;) LOL! I have no idea if the show deal is a better deal or not.

I paid $1800. The machine is gently used, as it was a show machine. So, used in classes during the quilt show. Comes with the 3 year full coverage warranty, extension table and more feet than I know what to do with.

The price for a new, unused machine was about $300 or $400 higher. I can't remember now.

ShirlR 11-06-2011 11:06 PM

I love Babylocks! Congratulations!!

missionslady 11-06-2011 11:16 PM

'Sew' happy for you! Nothing puts a smile on a quilters face better than getting a new sewing machine! I have had several over the years, and I have loved every one of them. Years ago there was a fire in the woods behind our house, and it took days to put it out. We were told to be ready to evacuate. I promptly gathered our family pictures and my sewing machine and had them ready to go. The rest I decided could burn; I just couldn't do without those two things! Thankfully, the firemen were successful in getting it extinguished, but my family still teases me about 'have sewing machine, will travel:-)"

kiffie2413 11-06-2011 11:16 PM

Yay for you!! I know you are so excited!! I had a smile when you said it was like Christmas for you, because that is how I felt when waiting for my new stuff!!
Take care,
Kif

kiffie2413 11-06-2011 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by missionslady (Post 4644825)
'Sew' happy for you! Nothing puts a smile on a quilters face better than getting a new sewing machine! I have had several over the years, and I have loved every one of them. Years ago there was a fire in the woods behind our house, and it took days to put it out. We were told to be ready to evacuate. I promptly gathered our family pictures and my sewing machine and had them ready to go. The rest I decided could burn; I just couldn't do without those two things! Thankfully, the firemen were successful in getting it extinguished, but my family still teases me about 'have sewing machine, will travel:-)"

:thumbup::thumbup:...I love this about you being ready to take your machine!!!