Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I GOT ONE YIPPPPEEEE!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-got-one-yippppeeee-t121419.html)

trif 05-07-2011 08:25 AM

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh for you and Lizzie, you are saving her. She will be one happy little machine.

twinkie 05-08-2011 02:37 AM

Congratulations to you. I love my Featherweights

Debbie C 05-08-2011 03:07 AM

Much Congratulations to you!! Welcome to the FW Club!!

susanwilley 05-08-2011 03:36 AM

Thanks everyone! I can't believe how grubby she is, poor thing. She still needs some scrubbing and I will post a pic as soon as I can.

sueisallaboutquilts 05-08-2011 04:14 AM

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another new baby!!! I'm so happy for you, they are wonderful!!! :D:D
I bet she'll be good as new after her bath :D:D

Watson58 05-08-2011 04:15 AM

Please let me know how you replace a broken thread take up. Are you going to take it to a repair person? I just bought a fixer upper from ebay & it has that prob plus a screw that I haven't been able to take out to remove the presser foot plate. I'm ready to drill it out! It is missing some other things that I can easily replace.

brushandthimble 05-08-2011 04:30 AM

Oh Congradulations!! I named mine Lizzie too! Half the reason, same as you, the other half, Elizabeth is my confirmation name.
Then I won one on behalf of my friend, Diane (who of course paid for her), I took the liberty of nameing her also, as she was made in the same year as Lizzie I named her "Lisa" TWINS Lizzie and Lisa :) Lisa is also the name of Diane's daughter and she loves the name.

sew_sew 05-08-2011 05:33 AM

I won a bid the other day also and am waiting for my featherweight to arrive, my guess is it will arrive tomorrow.

mar32428 05-08-2011 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by susanwilley
Finally, I won the bid on a Featherweight!! Yeahhhhh! I'm so excited. I had to settle for an uhealthy one though, she has a few issues, like a broken thread uptake lever and is missing the bobbin case and of course she needs a new belt. But, I have been looking on ebay and have found all three. I also ordered another machine that has been stripped of the external parts hoping that if she needs anything else I can take it from him. I have her she is beautiful even with her flaws. She was created on Feb 18, 1946 in Elizabeth, New Jersey, so I think I'll call her Lizzie. I just hope I can get her back to health! I'll post pics as soon as I gert her cleaned up.

I just got a new book, "The Featherweight and I" by David McCallum. It is the most complete and easy to read book on repairing or rebuilding your FW I have ever seen. The pics are excellent. He also has sources where you can purchase parts, pressure feet and decals etc. Also tells how to get rid of that dreaded odor. After reading his book and there's a CD if you want one, I would not hesitate to tackle anything on my machine. He even covers the foot pedal.

mar32428 05-08-2011 05:56 AM

I forgot. You can contact him if you have anything the book doesn't cover like how to get that screw out. My sons used to put a drop or two of oil on the screw and let it sit overnite. It usually worked unless the screw was rusted in.