Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I Got the Quilt-Cut 2! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-got-quilt-cut-2-a-t43834.html)

Edie 04-25-2010 05:31 AM

Boy, is this something else. I can cut angles like you wouldn't believe. I can stack up to ten pieces of fabric to cut - will be perfect for cutting sashing - I'll be able to do the Mariner's Compass perfectly. Google quilt-cut 2. It is made by Alto. It shows everything it can do, except seam rip!!!!!! Check it out. It is amazing!

I have enough room to put it on my "sewing center" and it will work perfectly. God Bless my Aunt Carol! Super lady, she!

All that is left in the fixing up of the ice dam damage is mending a spot on the kitchen ceiling which had a stress "fracture" (from so much snow on the roof) and had to be re-plastered and wallpaper put up (looks like a tin ceiling only painted white. Will get the painting done in one week. The wallpaper fix worked marvelously and had the world's best paper hanger for the repair work there. Had repair work on the ceiling in the sewing area, which was dug out, replastered, reshot and painted. Now all that is left is the new roof. Am bringing my stuff back up from the basement now and discovered I am lonely in the basement. Rainy day today - good day to catch up on everything!!!! Edie

steelecg 04-25-2010 01:51 PM

sounds like things are getting back to normal

amma 04-25-2010 02:05 PM

Your Quilt Cut machine sounds like a lot of fun, as well as a great tool :D:D:D
Good to hear that your about done with repairing the storm damage!!!

Roben 04-25-2010 03:16 PM

Edie, you're going to love it - I know I love mine! Great stability when cutting, and using the grip to hang on to the fabric is awesome.

Quaint Quilter 04-25-2010 03:22 PM

Congratulations!

BellaBoo 04-25-2010 03:32 PM

I found the Quilt Cut vendor booth at Paducah and talked to the demo person about how my cuts were not accurate. She went over the cutting with me and I noticed right off the metal guide on hers was not like mind at all. When I showed her how mine lined up she said that wasn't right at all. She said the system had a lifetime guarantee (except the mat) so she would send me a new metal guide. I didn't know it was not right and was getting too frustrated to use it. Using the demo model, I was cutting perfect cuts. I hope the new guide solves my problem.

sharon b 04-25-2010 09:37 PM

Good for you... now how soon should we expect to see these new quilts :wink: LOL

Oklahoma Suzie 04-26-2010 05:01 AM

glad you are getting things back to normal.

Edie 04-26-2010 08:55 AM

Things are never normal around here. Waiting for the dumpster now. Counted my blocks and I have exactly 50 blocks made - 12x12 and 35 for the cancer quilt, 15 for granddaughter. Gonna cut some sashing with the handi-dandy Quilt Cut 2. I wonder what the 2 stands for. Edie

butterflyquilter 04-26-2010 02:27 PM

This is the new improved version. I have the old one and you can buy the update for it. I haven't done that yet but I am glad you posted this so now I have a reminder to do just that!

Originally Posted by Edie
Things are never normal around here. Waiting for the dumpster now. Counted my blocks and I have exactly 50 blocks made - 12x12 and 35 for the cancer quilt, 15 for granddaughter. Gonna cut some sashing with the handi-dandy Quilt Cut 2. I wonder what the 2 stands for. Edie