Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I hate to be a curmudgeon but..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-hate-curmudgeon-but-t100248.html)

kathidahl 02-16-2011 06:39 AM

I really wish people would read a thread before posting. I see so many irrelevant posts because we tend to read a few posts on the first page and then post a response...

quiltsRfun 02-16-2011 06:47 AM

Guilty as charged. I read the first page, scan the others and usually can't read them all if there are more than 2 or 3 due to time restraints. My apologies to all.

debbieumphress 02-16-2011 06:48 AM

I think we just get excited. If we read the first post, then say what we want in response to that topic, then seems like everyone else's will be their opinion. Guess I don't see it that way...irrelevant???? I am so glad this board is so wonderful and fun and non-judgemental. I personally don't want to have to watch my p's and q's and enjoy it.

kathidahl 02-16-2011 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I think we just get excited. If we read the first post, then say what we want in response to that topic, then seems like everyone else's will be their opinion. Guess I don't see it that way...irrelevant???? I am so glad this board is so wonderful and fun and non-judgemental. I personally don't want to have to watch my p's and q's and enjoy it.

Yeah, I guess you are right..we do get into the topic and I know we all do not have the time to read through all the posts..guess I will just consider myself lucky that I do often have the time.

debbieumphress 02-16-2011 06:53 AM

That's true, I get so excited sometimes and start posting and then as I go it's like, oops she said the same thing. I have time to read and still make this mistake. LOL. Happens to the best of us. I just laugh and go on. Just think how many people on here can post. Oh my goodness. I'd be reading forever. Happy quilting.

LindaR 02-16-2011 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress

I second this, doesn't bother me

honeybee_2000 02-16-2011 06:55 AM

we are all from different areas and time zones too. I just go with the flow and sometimes its flowing in reverse..lol

Bobbielinks 02-16-2011 06:55 AM

I'm sorry, I'm guilty. I do read through the posts; but I'm slow and by the time I get a response typed, proof read and sent, there will be several new posts that I am unaware of until I go back the second time to see if mine posted.

donnaree59 02-16-2011 06:58 AM

There's so many times I will read a topic, go to respond, and there will be 4+ pages already there. I don't get to stay on the computer great lengths of time (well, some days I do stay on here more than I need to) so I will leave my little 2 cents worth and move on. I don't mean to aggravate anyone, but sometimes that's all I can do. Some days I don't get on here at all and there may be 10 pages or more. When I start reading a topic, I may just scan the responses or just jump to the end...depending on my time.

debbieumphress 02-16-2011 06:59 AM

No guilt to be had, we all write what we feel in response to a topic and others feel the same, so we read and keep going. I get tickled when there are two close together that say the same thing. And when I post, sometimes, three more pop in ahead of me while I type. Been there...done that. ROFL