Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I HATE/Do NOT Buy Precuts and I am #### Years old (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-hate-do-not-buy-precuts-i-am-years-old-t88461.html)

alimaui 01-07-2011 01:39 PM

So this is an experiment to find out if the love of precuts is a generational thing. Please do not use this as a place to bash precuts, or tell us anything more than just your age. Thanks!

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THEM/DO NOT BUY THEM, post in this thread.

Please do not use this as a place to bash precuts, or tell us anything more than just your age. Thanks!

Please do not use this as a place to bash precuts, or tell us anything more than just your age. Thanks!

Also, interesting to note would be how "new" you are to quilting, so if you would like to share, say how many years you have been sewing.

EXAMPLE - 44, 6 years sewing

Example - 89, 50 years sewing

Example - 37, 20 years sewing

vhiggason 01-07-2011 01:48 PM

Have not bought pre-cuts and really never have thought about buying them. Have been quilting since the 70's and am 70 yrs. old

dotcomdtcm 01-07-2011 01:53 PM

Hmmm, I have been quilting for almost a year. I experiment with pre-cuts and receive many as gifts. Some were not happy experiences. Often I want some coordinating yardage to complete a piece.

natalieg 01-07-2011 01:55 PM

I am 43, have been quilting for six years and don't care for pre-cuts. I now have to pre-wash fabric and that doesn't work well with pre-cuts.

Jim's Gem 01-07-2011 01:55 PM

I don't do pre-cuts. (unless they were gifted to me) I prefer yardage.
I have been quilting about 12 years and am 50 years old

luvstitches 01-07-2011 01:59 PM

I have been quilting for 10 years. I only like the 5" charm squares but would rather cut my own yardage.
Probably wont buy them for much longer.

CompulsiveQuilter 01-07-2011 01:59 PM

I'm 51, quilting about 8 years, and a scrap quilter so I've just come to love pre-cuts (after years of collecting remnants). I worry about mixing remnants, washed, with pre-cuts, unwashed.

deema 01-07-2011 01:59 PM

I prefer yardage. I do use FQ's, which are pre-cuts in a way, but you have more freedom with them.

I'm 26 and started quilting 4.5mos ago.

Beebee 01-07-2011 02:06 PM

Hi all, I have been quilting for 1 year, previously a painter.
I like the precuts, just need some ideas as to what to do with them. I mostly use yardage and I am 80 yrs. old

oksewglad 01-07-2011 02:07 PM

I don't buy precuts other than FQ's.I feel they are very limiting in what one can do with them, and yes there are now alot of patterns out there to use. Personally don't care for the pinked edges. I also prewash my fabrics--have had too many fabrics bleed after sewing.

I have been sewing for almost 50 years; made my first quilt for my now 38 year old daughter when she was about 3.