Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have to ask.........what are you working on? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-ask-what-you-working-t207447.html)

QuiltnMyra 12-02-2012 09:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Working on these two right now. The red one needs a little more quilting in the final border and I'm still quilting the Tennessee Waltz.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]379782[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]379781[/ATTACH]

kristakz 12-02-2012 09:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Way too many things :) I am making 3 quilts for Christmas (my mother, my sister, my father & his wife). 1 is ready for binding. One is one the long arm. And one was just started today. Plus, I have 3 BOM projects under way, Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, and a Bear Paw quilt that I started on a retreat last month. Should be enough to keep me busy for a while.

These are the Christmas quilts. The green one is actually done and on my long arm now.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]379785[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]379783[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]379784[/ATTACH]

Becky Crafts 12-03-2012 01:37 AM

I'm working on a "Birds of a Feather" quilt for my 92 yr young FIL who's always cold these days. It's sort of scrappy & so far is coming out nice. I have 8 of the blocks done now. I plan to make it a lap size so he can easily carry it from room to room with him as he sleeps in his chair on the front porch during the day & there's a lot of windows & not much insulation out there, so I'm hoping this will keep him warm. I'm backing it with flannel.

Scakes 12-03-2012 05:10 AM

I am working on 2 quilts. One is for our 12 year old granddaughter and is Alabama fabrics. The second quilt is for our 2 year old granddaughter. It is different pinks and browns and will hopefully have monkeys appliqued on it. A third granddaughter who is 11 just moved into a new home and has her very own bedroom for the first time. I made her a quilt last year but think I'll make her some new pillowcases and something else for her room if I can figure out what to make.

GrannieAnnie 12-03-2012 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by MimiBug123 (Post 5692788)
Alas, nothing. i fell and broke my ankle and wrist, so my plans have been interrupted!

What a bummer! Take time to enjoy some holiday shows on TV in your down time.

ayellowrose 12-03-2012 05:28 AM

I have 4 more quilts to be quilted by Christmas. I have finished all of the tops from our parents clothing for my brothers since we have lost both of our parents in the past 4 years. ( mom to a massive heart attack in 2008 and dad to cancer October 2011) I may have to enlist help from a cousin to get them finished. :)

rj.neihart 12-03-2012 05:40 AM

I have a quilt in the rack - trying to finish quilting it is a challenge! I think I need a few weeks of a break - cause usually I'd have a hand quilted top completed in at least 3 weeks, including the binding. This quilt has been in the rack, slowly being worked on, for about 5 weeks...and it's just 1/2 way completed! I'm hoping to have it completed this week...I've set my goal FINALLY!

duckydo 12-03-2012 06:11 AM

Working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt Easy Street

Tudey 12-03-2012 07:02 AM

I am quilting an XL Twin quilt for my nephew in his school colors (Texas A& M). Then I will be making a gift bag and seeing what else I can come up with for gifts!

MamaO2011 12-03-2012 07:27 AM

I have a table for a craft fair this weekend that benefits my local high school's marching band. Of course I procrastinated and now I'm swamped with rag quilts, iPhone cases and table runners! Here's hoping I get enough done to sell on Saturday!