Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have to ask.........what are you working on? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-ask-what-you-working-t207447.html)

fireworkslover 12-03-2012 04:21 PM

I've got my fireworks quilt all pieced for next August's deadline. Need to figure out a small Black/White quilt to make for a challenge due mid January. Also need to make 3 tree ornaments for this year.

gramajo 12-03-2012 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover (Post 5696570)
I've got my fireworks quilt all pieced for next August's deadline. Need to figure out a small Black/White quilt to make for a challenge due mid January. Also need to make 3 tree ornaments for this year.

I'd love to see your fireworks quilt.

Betty Ruth 12-03-2012 07:27 PM

I'm still making 18 in square quilts for Threads of Love. It is so much fun. I usually can complete a little quilt in a day or less, in spite of my shaking hands.

quilting in my60s 12-03-2012 08:09 PM

Isn't it fun to see what other quilters are doing?? I have one Santa wall hanging to quilt, a mystery block to do, another block for quilt club meeting where you get a fat quarter for a $1 each month and make as many 12" blocks as you want and your name gets put in a hat and then someone's name is drawn. I won this past month and got 9 blocks made with a Thimbleberries Christmas fabric.

SnowQuilt 12-03-2012 08:49 PM

I'm working on a Double Wrench (from quilterscache.com) quilt for my DH. He loves working on cars and his favorite car is yellow, so I'm making it yellow and white. :)

jfowles 12-03-2012 08:54 PM

I'm finishing up Christmas stockings, before that Thanksgiving turkeys from a MSQC tutorial they are cute and fun but I am dying to just begin a good old quilt. I've got lots of kits and precuts waiting while I am getting the "have to's" done.

junebug4967 12-03-2012 09:38 PM

I started an Irish Chain baby blanket, but Mr. seam ripper and I are spending a lot of time together - silly me did not get the measurement right on one strip of "A" set. Found it when I tried to put the second row on. !!!grrrr

stillclock 12-03-2012 11:02 PM

i just spent more than 4 hours making beaded snowflakes for this stupid table runner.

i'm going to sleep on it, but i would bet money on me snipping them off tomorrow.

blergh.

aileen

jcrow 12-03-2012 11:04 PM

I am working on figuring out what I want to do next. I have all my Christmas quilts done and can't decide which project I want to do. So, I've been reading mysteries every day or cleaning or cooking or playing with my dogs or spending time with my husband. I go in my sewing room and try to pick out one project, but can't decide, so I turn off the light and come out and continue with what I was doing. I have too many projects to do that I am overwhelmed. I just stuffed 2 boxes with quilt kits to give to a gal to help me not be so overwhelmed by all my quilt kits and I'm still overwhelmed. I have another gal that needs some kits, so I'm going to have a "giveaway" on my blog soon to get my room under control even more. And I won a giveaway today! I guess what goes around, comes around!!!!

nakotha 12-03-2012 11:41 PM

I am doing the handquilting on a freestyle quilt. I am working on this quilt for about 4 month now, started with appliques. It is a x-mas gift and I think, I need to quilt the borders with the sewing machine cause I'm running out of time.