Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have a DREAM! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-dream-t109976.html)

#1piecemaker 03-23-2011 06:32 AM

After being on this board and meeting all the nice quilters, I've decided that someday I want to own my very own quilt shop. It's just a dream of course, (well I think it is) but its been fun to think about. What do you think? Could I make this dream a reality? And of course it will need a name. My DH wants to call it "Material Things" . What do you think? My name is Leesa. I'm a country gal. Any more suggestions? (since its a dream, be inventive)

CarrieAnne 03-23-2011 06:37 AM

Sounds like a great dream to me! "Leesas Country Quilt Shop" sounds cute to me!

luvTooQuilt 03-23-2011 06:37 AM

Huge meeting room for classes and quilting board gatherings

Tea room with bakery!! Ooh my fav!!

A few different long arms to use/ take lessons

Victoria L 03-23-2011 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Huge meeting room for classes and quilting board gatherings

Tea room with bakery!! Ooh my fav!!

A few different long arms to use/ take lessons

Love the tea room and bakery idea! :)

Kooklabell 03-23-2011 07:58 AM

Ok, add a big screen room for the guys who might drive us to the classes :) I was going to say beer too, but that might be more difficult. In Massachusetts there is a brew bar that has an open space with a rug and rocking chairs. On Tuesday nights the guys come in to have a beer and watch TV and the ladies sit in the rockers, have a beer (or whatever) and knit! I think its sooooo cool!!!

My life poem - Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die Life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Dream On!!

Jan in VA 03-23-2011 08:18 AM

My favorite quote is, "If you can't dream it, you won't have it."

Yours is a great one. I did that. I got the shop, too. :-)

Jan in VA

jljack 03-23-2011 08:21 AM

Dreams can turn into reality if we work at them....keep dreaming, start working, and you may have your shop!!

How about 10,000 bolts of fabric in that shop? That's a BIG dream!! :-)

msariano 03-23-2011 08:32 AM

I think you have a great dream. While you're dreaming about your quilt shop why not do something constructive--take classes on how to start a business or something like that. I did the same in order to know how to go about selling the purses that I make. It was fun learning all about selling and marketing and I did have a measure of success. The hardest thing I learned (because it took a long time to realize) is that since it was my dream, if I didn't get off my butt, it would never have come true.

memepat 03-23-2011 10:24 AM

I love your dream. What abuot "Quilting Dreams"? This dream may come to be. Happy quilting and keep dreaming.

Favorite Fabrics 03-23-2011 10:53 AM

Include a corner for kids, with toddler-safe toys to keep them busy so that Mom can shop longer (in peace).