Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have a problem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-problem-t86493.html)

Farm Quilter 01-02-2011 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
Oh my, me too! Whenever I find a quilt I'd like to make I put a picture of it in a file on my computer...over 100 in that file right now! Should get off the computer and up to the quilting loft!!!

LOL, just a hundred? What's holding you back?

Way too many wonderful picutues on this board.

I was guestimating...wasn't going to actually count :lol: I also have a 4" binder FILLED with patterns. I rather like the idea of putting all the names of the quilts in a jar and just pick my next project that way. How long will it take me to write down the names of them all to put in the jar? :?

raynhamquilter 01-02-2011 08:34 PM

Yup! Still crazy after all these years!

BrendaB 01-02-2011 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by phillipste01
Someone posts a picture and I say OH I wanna make that, then I look at another picture, and I say Oh I wanna make that, Then up pops another picture and another, and another beautiful picture. So far I ahve hundreds of Ideas and haven't started a darn thing :))

I have the same problem. I see blocks I haven't tried before and just started 3 different pinwheel tops (3 different size pinwheels) just cause I loved the fabric and forgot where I left off. I'm overwhelmed with ideas too and people I want to make a quilt for. No time to do any of it. I keep thinking I need to focus on one until it is finished, but I love learning new techniques and new blocks. What is a girl to do?!

quiltinmimi 01-02-2011 10:54 PM

Yes...yes...yes... I do the same thing and my GD decided my computer was running too slow and proceeded to move all my quilting to CDs... aarrrrggggghhhh... now I can't find a thing!!!

katigirl 01-03-2011 12:10 AM

yeah then you will not only have all the time you want but money to buy all the material you want too. That's what we all need to do. :!: :)

mountain deb 01-03-2011 07:51 AM

They are just UFO's -- in your mind.

Charleen DiSante 01-03-2011 07:53 AM

Oh, you mean like the tile floor or the window in the community center? or the pattern the silhouette of a tree makes across the snow or the huge picture of a giraffe and how perfectly the shapes of the spots appear...... on and on and on?

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Just wait til you start dreaming about the quilts or seeing quilt patterns in the oddest places. LOL!!

GrannieAnnie 01-04-2011 04:16 AM

I think I figured out the answer for what next! Last night I was dreaming about a way to do a scrappy quilt.

DRAT------------HIT SEND TOO FAST

It will be called BUTTONS & BOWS, 8 blocks wide by 10 blocks long, and sent to a female soldier at Walter Reed. It's a folded block I learned to make on a Nancy Zieman show. I'm going to set the blocks together with a black or very dark gray tone on tone.

A little bit at a time------------since it is going to be a scrappy quilt. I expect to be done this time next year

denilynne 01-04-2011 05:05 AM

I guess i'm among a very nice group then, cuz i have alot saved on my puter. I'll never get them done but its nice to look at these and dream lol

jojo47 01-04-2011 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by phillipste01
Someone posts a picture and I say OH I wanna make that, then I look at another picture, and I say Oh I wanna make that, Then up pops another picture and another, and another beautiful picture. So far I ahve hundreds of Ideas and haven't started a darn thing :))

You should see my three-ring binder of blocks and projects I want to try...some day! :lol: