Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have a question about hand piecing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-question-about-hand-piecing-t57011.html)

Parrothead 07-30-2010 02:39 PM

I use hand quilting thread to piece and quilt. I use single thread and do a tiny running stitch. This is how my Grannie taught me who was "The Quilting Queen". I use a variety of needles and I agree, if they get dull, out they go. Needles are not expensive. I use twin pointed needles to quilt.

mack 07-31-2010 02:49 AM

Sorry for my lack of knowledge....what's a twin pointed needle? I am trying to organise a Project Linus table at a 4 day Conference of SAFAS (Scottish Association of Flower Arrangement Societies) where there are 100 ladies sharing four days of flowers, friendship and fun!

StitchinJoy 07-31-2010 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by mack
Sorry for my lack of knowledge....what's a twin pointed needle? I am trying to organise a Project Linus table at a 4 day Conference of SAFAS (Scottish Association of Flower Arrangement Societies) where there are 100 ladies sharing four days of flowers, friendship and fun!

That sounds wonderful! You'll have loads of fun and probably get some nice patchwork made too. Where in Scotland? My husband's father's family is from Aberdeen and his mom from Dundee.

mack 07-31-2010 06:08 AM

Hi! I live in a village called Eaglesham which is south of Glasgow.
I have friends in both Aberdeen and Dundee, but being in the flower association I meet people from all over Scotland. I hope our Conference is a lot of fun! I am in charge of games, puzzles, hospitality and flowers at the door and I hope to get many of the ladies interested in sewing patches!

Parrothead 07-31-2010 08:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"Designed for quilting with a table-top hoop and floor frame. No needle turning means faster stitching, less needle dropping, less thread twisting, and less wrist strain. Needle has sharp points on both ends and a narrow eye in the center."

They also make a size for needlepoint. I purchased them online at JoAnnes.

Twin Point Needles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46142[/ATTACH]

roselady 07-31-2010 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by mack
Hi! I live in a village called Eaglesham which is south of Glasgow.
I have friends in both Aberdeen and Dundee, but being in the flower association I meet people from all over Scotland. I hope our Conference is a lot of fun! I am in charge of games, puzzles, hospitality and flowers at the door and I hope to get many of the ladies interested in sewing patches!

Are you near East Kilbride? My daughter lived there for about 2 years. We were able to visit in 2008, had a wonderful time, what a beautiful country. The people there were so kind and loving to her. I will always have a special place in my heart for Scotland.

mack 07-31-2010 01:08 PM

Thank you. Sounds like a technique that would need to be practised!

mack 07-31-2010 01:10 PM

Yes I am very near to East Kilbride and I am very pleased that you have such good memories of Scotland and that your daughter was happy there.