Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have a question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-question-t100532.html)

Crabby Patty 02-17-2011 08:38 AM

As I am more of a traditional quilter I don't usually buy fq,jelly rolls, etc. Why are they so much in demand? People go absolutely ga-ga over these things. why? How do you use them?

Central Ohio Quilter 02-17-2011 08:39 AM

I don't get it either. But then I am not much of a scrappy quilt lover anyway.

sueisallaboutquilts 02-17-2011 08:48 AM

I'm mostly a traditional quilter as well but I loooove all the jelly rolls, honey buns, etc. I love collections and they frequently have one or two of each of a collection. They are just so much fun to work with!
I'm a real sucker for advertising, in case you didn't know it. lol
Moda's Bake Shop is one of my favorite sites! :D

np3 02-17-2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I'm mostly a traditional quilter as well but I loooove all the jelly rolls, honey buns, etc. I love collections and they frequently have one or two of each of a collection. They are just so much fun to work with!
I'm a real sucker for advertising, in case you didn't know it. lol
Moda's Bake Shop is one of my favorite sites! :D

Me too! I always but 2 of the same collection when I buy them so I have enough of each design!

sueisallaboutquilts 02-17-2011 08:53 AM

Nancy, I just got some Candy Bars- they are so cute!! lol

Candace 02-17-2011 08:58 AM

Pre-cuts are a big time saver for a lot of people. And all the fabrics are co-ordinated and ready to go.

roguequilter 02-17-2011 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
As I am more of a traditional quilter I don't usually buy fq,jelly rolls, etc. Why are they so much in demand? People go absolutely ga-ga over these things. why? How do you use them?

haven't read the other responses yet...but i and q friend were discussing this just the other day. our thoughts....we too are traditional quilters...no short cuts or quick and easy patterns. we enjoy the entire process fr begining to end & would rather pick our own color combos...[we do miniatures mostly]...they [jelly rolls] are too expensive & we think we do better cost wise buying what we need for project in the color combos that more suit our personalities...not those of someone else. i have boughts few fat quarters...but neither of us have or plan to buy jelly rolls.

np3 02-17-2011 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Nancy, I just got some Candy Bars- they are so cute!! lol

I just love Moda! Finishing up a quilt top I made with Moda Vine Country Jelly Rolls right now!

np3 02-17-2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by roguequilter

Originally Posted by Crabby Patty

haven't read the other responses yet...but i and q friend were discussing this just the other day. our thoughts....we too are traditional quilters...no short cuts or quick and easy patterns. we enjoy the entire process fr begining to end & would rather pick our own color combos...[we do miniatures mostly]...they [jelly rolls] are too expensive & we think we do better cost wise buying what we need for project in the color combos that more suit our personalities...not those of someone else. i have boughts few fat quarters...but neither of us have or plan to buy jelly rolls.

I was a slow starter on the pre-cuts too. But when I find them on sale, I buy them. I have learned to use them to my advantage. I am very traditional.

Thumbelina 02-17-2011 09:07 AM

ditto Candace.