Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have to start over. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-start-over-t243202.html)

judy363905 03-14-2014 12:07 PM

I have to start over.

I am so grateful I showed my friend the flimsy (a fun bright fence rail with a frog border) I am ready to sandwich for her DIL's baby due this summer. When I showed it to her, she asked "who is that for?" I said Jen then she said our Jen?..she does not do color." She only likes brown...

On the "bright" side I will have a flimsy made ahead for the next baby I need one for. This am I began cutting strips of browns, creams and medium browns.

I posted the Baby Flimsy completed last week. Thanks for listening I feel better now :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

pyffer3 03-14-2014 12:24 PM

wow. only likes browns? for a baby? I have always made bright colors for baby blankets/clothes. good luck with the new one. post pictures!

nativetexan 03-14-2014 12:36 PM

well shoot. sometimes Mothers are odd folks in their tastes that must be baby's taste too. I wish you luck on the next quilt!

ManiacQuilter2 03-14-2014 12:42 PM

I have only made baby quilts for charity and they have always been made of bright colors !!

Doggramma 03-14-2014 01:08 PM

Well that's too bad. But it was nice to find out ahead of time! The browns will be lovely I'm sure. I have a "gray" baby quilt request. Me: any other color? Baby grandma to be: no she only likes gray. So I have gray, white with gray dots, and white with gray stripe. Haven't figured it out yet!

Trippgal 03-14-2014 01:11 PM

I am chuckling over this because my SIL is exactly the same. Everything she owns is a shade of brown. The only other color she considers as an accent color is the green that is the mint layer of an andes mint candy. Sadly, as much as I love her, there was no way I could make little girls quilts in brown. So the first got pinks with that light green and hints of a milk chocolate brown (less than 10% of quilt). She actually hung the baby quilt in the baby room! Stunned I was. The second girl came around and I did purple/green and no brown, and she shocked me again and said she loved it for kendall. And then she turned around and begged me for a table topper, all in browns, go figure. Maybe the mommy will come to accept color for the little one. Good luck.

Nammie to 7 03-14-2014 01:41 PM

At least you have a head start on the next gift!!!

Quilty-Louise 03-14-2014 01:55 PM

Oh I find this rather funny because I would like any color EXCEPT
brown (and olive/drab green).

That is not saying that I don't have some brown o/d greens, but
it is very limited.

NONE of my clothing is brown.

Like the others have said at least you have a heads up for the next time.

pewa88 03-14-2014 02:33 PM

Well all I can say is those neutral only people are missing out on a whole bunch of cheer. Too bad......

PenniF 03-14-2014 02:39 PM

I only want to say....You are awfully sweet to redo a quilt for your friend's DIL.