Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I just couldn't resist (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-just-couldnt-resist-t215860.html)

JanieH 03-11-2013 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN (Post 5918841)
I would find a way. Ship it, buy an extra suitcase, the extra charge for it might be less than shipping. tie to the airplane tail and tell the pilot its your kite tail and has to stay there. You'll find a way

When I read this I had visions of planes leaving Houston after Quilt Festival with streamers of fabric tied to the tails - What a glorious sight that would be!

craftycancer 03-11-2013 06:20 AM

LOL! leave your clothes

Cat18 03-11-2013 08:29 AM

Do you have a vacuum cleaner handy? I take Space Bags along when I fly so I can squeeze the maximum into my suitcase when I return!

JoanneS 03-11-2013 09:13 AM

OK - I'm hooked. Where in LA area in M & L? I visit a friend in Seal Beach at least once a year, and I simply must visit this fabulous store you are talking about!

Whoops - I read on and found the adress - not far from Seal Beach! I'll pack a suitcase in a suitcase!

MimiBug123 03-11-2013 09:50 AM

So jealous! Isn't fabric addictive? You can always use some for wrap skirts, fold it over a few times and make belts, shawls, hats...and the list goes on!

purplefiend 03-11-2013 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun (Post 5915716)
I'm visiting my DD and family this week in the LA area. One morning after dropping my SIL off to work at Disneyland I realized I was on Ball Road. So of course I had to make a stop at M & L Fabrics. Now to figure out how to get it home on the plane.

I used to live a 1/2 mile from Disneyland and therefore not far from M&L fabrics. I'm glad to know that they are still in business. I wasn't a quilter yet in 1983, but a seamstress. I bought the majority of my clothing fabrics there.
Sharon

karate lady 03-11-2013 12:01 PM

I just mail it to myself...

mjhaess 03-11-2013 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun (Post 5915716)
I'm visiting my DD and family this week in the LA area. One morning after dropping my SIL off to work at Disneyland I realized I was on Ball Road. So of course I had to make a stop at M & L Fabrics. Now to figure out how to get it home on the plane.

I love that store....I use to live in Riverside, Ca. Put the fabric ia a box and mail it home....

danece 03-11-2013 08:16 PM

Oh, WOW, roll the clothes that you need to take home with you and fill the rest of your bags with fabric, I will be in LA in a couple of weeks, so I will need to look that store up, sounds like you had a great visit, have a safe flight home

mountain deb 03-11-2013 09:34 PM

Fabric buying is ingrained in us, more in some than others, BECAUSE historically we have always bought fabric to make things at home. So we are just keeping up tradition and reenacting what our ancestors have always done. There, does every one like that reason? lol