Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I just love this board!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-just-love-board-t115511.html)

Dina 04-12-2011 06:48 AM

I just love this board! I just finished a quilt that dozens of quilters admired, and I just got the glimmer of an idea for my next quilt!

I have this wonderful fabric that I was going to use in a Warm Wishes pattern. I really struggle with selecting fabrics....and someone on of the threads said she always did a sample block before she started, so as to not waste fabric and time. Well, duh, I had never thought of that. So I did that just now with my fabric, and Warm Wishes is not going to look good for it.

So....I remembered a thread where someone was asking about what pattern for her red roses fabric. I just cruised thought those comments, auditioning the choices for my fabric, and wala (must not be a word, sorry...)...an idea is growing.

Like I said, I just LOVE this board. I get instant feedback and outstanding ideas. It doesn't et any better than that.

sueisallaboutquilts 04-12-2011 06:54 AM

Dina, you are so right!! I get inspired constantly and people on the board really care about each other and their projects, lives, etc.
I know I do!!! :D:D

dkabasketlady 04-12-2011 07:05 AM

I've always thought this board was the BEST!!

CarrieAnne 04-12-2011 07:08 AM

Me too!

Grama Lehr 04-12-2011 07:19 AM

Me too!! :wink:
I get to shop from home. :thumbup:
I get instant feedback on my questions :?:
I get lots of motivation to make a new project :arrow:
Quilters belong to a real sisterhood of a very special nature :-D

sewmuchmore 04-12-2011 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
Me too!! :wink:
I get to shop from home. :thumbup:
I get instant feedback on my questions :?:
I get lots of motivation to make a new project :arrow:
Quilters belong to a real sisterhood of a very special nature :-D

Well said :!: I don't think I could sew without this board.

SueDor 04-12-2011 03:13 PM

Ditto that!!!!!!

TonnieLoree 04-12-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dina
I just love this board! I just finished a quilt that dozens of quilters admired, and I just got the glimmer of an idea for my next quilt!

I have this wonderful fabric that I was going to use in a Warm Wishes pattern. I really struggle with selecting fabrics....and someone on of the threads said she always did a sample block before she started, so as to not waste fabric and time. Well, duh, I had never thought of that. So I did that just now with my fabric, and Warm Wishes is not going to look good for it.

So....I remembered a thread where someone was asking about what pattern for her red roses fabric. I just cruised thought those comments, auditioning the choices for my fabric, and wala (must not be a word, sorry...)...an idea is growing.

Like I said, I just LOVE this board. I get instant feedback and outstanding ideas. It doesn't et any better than that.

It is spelled voila ;-)

Dina 04-13-2011 05:43 AM

Voila, thanks....that looks much better!

grammydar 04-13-2011 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dina
Voila, thanks....that looks much better!

Ain't it great that we knew what you meant :thumbup: