Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I made my decision and really happy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-made-my-decision-really-happy-t193651.html)

GABBYABBY 07-06-2012 08:41 AM

I just went on line to see what your machine looked like and they had it on sale for $999.00 plus
free shipping.

Sewnoma 07-06-2012 09:14 AM

I just got the 6600 recently too, and I'm in love with mine as well! Not one bit of buyer's remorse. It's so nice not to have to coax it over more then 4 layers of quilting cotton!

margee 07-06-2012 10:00 AM

I have a highend Janome & I love it. The dealer & sales people are terrific with helping me with it if I need it & I've had it for about 2yrs.

tk7401 07-06-2012 11:03 AM

Congratulations. I have 3 Janome's: memory craft (over 20 years old)and still going strong, 10001 sewing and embroidery and 4 cone serger. Love them all and have never had a problem. Recently purchased a Juki and it is great also just for piecing and quilting.

sandraphippard 07-06-2012 11:50 AM

Hi,
I have this machine and love it. I bought it 3 years ago from a local Janome dealer. It only cost me $1299.

KnitnutBZ 07-06-2012 01:00 PM

i've had my 6600 almost 2 years now. LOVE IT!!!! I got mine on sale in Dec of 2011 and paid 1175 and the dealer threw in a quarter accufeed foot. Have Fun

jj1150 07-06-2012 07:34 PM

I bought my 6600 in May and just love it!!! But not doing a whole lot of sewing in this HOT weather!!! No air ..... so spending a lot of time in my pool :)

jody

sewbeadit 07-07-2012 12:18 AM

Amathyst02, I agree with you there, even if they did make really great machines now who would know. I did talk to a lady that bought a singer quantum something on here and was very very happy with it and she had other machines as well. So you never know. Everyone has an opinion I think it is best to try them out and look around. Also one time a Viking dealer did the same thing to me, he asked what kind of serger I had and I told him, he preceded to tell me how bad of a machine they were, I thought jeepers this guy is nuts.lol Needless to say that in the Past 38 years I have never bought a machine from him. I shop elsewhere.

Originally Posted by Amythyst02 (Post 5342660)
I am so glad you found your dream machine. I guess I am getting cranky in my old age. I just don't put up with things like I used to. Before I purchased my Babylock (at the dealers) I was researching a certain Singer serger. Now I had already heard that Singer was supposedly not as good as the old one, but I wanted to test this particular serger. So I called our local dealer to make sure they had one I could sit down and test. And what do they do?? They start telling me how awful it is, you can't get parts, you would not be happy with this, you should look at this machine instead. I ended up sending Singer an email. I am sorry but if your a dealer and presenting that company, you should not bad mouth them. I did receive a reply to my email too. Singer was very dissappointed in hearing this was the way the dealer was representing their Brand.

The sad part is, what if, Singer was good again, what if they were producing high end machines that work wonderful and no one gave them a chance because of Dealers like the one I ran into. I personally just think its bad practice for any dealer to do that. Needless to say when I went shopping for my new machine, I did not even bother to visit their store. I would never purchase from them, even if they were the only place in town.

Personally I think they should post their prices online, and just explain you have to come into the store to purchase it. For alot of folks that would save alot of driving around from dealer to dealer. As it seems they all carry more than one brand of sewing machine, and some carry the same as others.

sewbeadit 07-07-2012 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kris P (Post 5342722)
I also have a 6600P and love it! I purchased it used (1 year old) from my local dealer- with warranty. The previous owner upgraded to the 7700.

That is so nice to know that you are happy with your machine! Makes me feel more secure in my decision! Thanks.

sewbeadit 07-07-2012 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by WandaVA (Post 5342897)
Congratulations! I hope you love it as much as I love my 6600. Great machine!!

I don't understand the price differences. I got mine in June 2011 for $1300--and it was purchased in Fairfax, VA, which is a high cost-of-living suburb of DC.

Thank you Wanda. I don't understand the price difference either, because we live don't live in a high price suburb. She said that was their sale price because the msrp was something like 2400.00 I think a lot of times they just say that with the higher msrp. She is a Bernina dealer also and all of their prices were like 3,000 off of the MSRP and had been for several months.