Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I messed up...start over or choose a different pattern? (or just give up!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-messed-up-start-over-choose-different-pattern-just-give-up-t27608.html)

wvdek 10-27-2009 09:00 PM

Ditto everyone. Those little porkers are cute.

Leota 10-27-2009 10:03 PM

The fact that you made it for him...he'll love it and he loves you. :)
If you want to camoflage the imperfection... do the applique and it will break up the line (bar) and no one will notice or know. That's what is so fun with quilting. There are no mistakes....only opportunities for creativity. :D

euclid 10-29-2009 04:32 AM

I agree with everyone who said to just keep going. I would not have known anything was wrong if you hadn't said so. I also like BFW's idea about appliqueing the escaping pig head on. After all this is to be a fun quilt, not an heirloom! Just keep going and enjoy those piggies!

Bevanger 10-29-2009 04:50 AM

i personally think it looks just great. like you planned it. :D

Mousie 10-29-2009 06:30 AM

well, I think it looks great and would call it the "pigs penned", lol!
You are being too hard on yourself caedmyn.
Try marking the back of your fabric for the width, that you want to 'show', and don't worry so much about perfect 1/4" seam allowances.
It's the part that shows, that matters to you. With a quilters pencil or lightly with a #2 pencil, you have lines to sew on. really, it looks good. :D

edit: well, as I was hitting back to get off thread, I took one last look...are you talking about differences in widths of bars? I thought that was part of the charm of it being a piggy pen! seriously, I did.
Pigs are on farms and unless you say something, hubby or anybody else is not gonna think a pen for animals should be perfect. It shows different views of the pigs. I wouldn't do it over at all. It's what you intended all the time...my story...your welcome to stick to it! :wink: :wink: :wink:

ranger 10-29-2009 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I would absolutely keep going and not worry for 1 second about the spacing of the bars! That is a darn PIG PEN! We have very fancy fencing on our farm and not all of them are spaced evenly....If it really really bugs you, do what BFW suggested about the appliqued piggie...that would be really cute and different!

Ditto!!!

amandasgramma 10-29-2009 07:28 AM

Keep going! I couldn't figure out what was wrong until someone mentioned they were spaced unevenly!!!!

imjustme 10-29-2009 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Keep going! I couldn't figure out what was wrong until someone mentioned they were spaced unevenly!!!!

same here- I like it just the way it is.

sandpat 10-29-2009 01:39 PM

Sooo....inquiring minds want to know what is going on now???? Made any progress????? We wanna see!!!!

MadQuilter 10-29-2009 01:44 PM

Claim it and hang it! It's cute that way. Remember the Pigs in Space segment on the Muppets? This is your PIGS in JAIL segment - lol.