Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need to buy fabric..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-buy-fabric-t159833.html)

quiltingfan 10-12-2011 05:59 AM

OK. I have been moving all summer, finally settled in and have been back to sewing now. The problem I have is that my stash is just left over scraps, nothing big and with a small selection of colors. I did buy a kit and did that but it did not come with borders or backing. I tell my dh I need to shop and he says but I bought you those kits... what happen. He does not understand that I need extra to finish. Then I am working on finishing my grandmothers quilt that she was making before she died. That will be a Christmas gift for my mom, plan on making a couple of wall hangings with the pieces so she can give the other 2 to her sisters. Then for my dad I need to quilt the one that his mother made but need batting for that. As you can see I need big pieces and batting for 4 quilts. How much do you think this will cost me? I am so happy I am back on the board full time and can see all the post I have been missing.
It is good to be settled. I feel like no matter how much we move I still have my friends that go with me.
Thanks to the ladies that live in San Antonio I have already meet 4 of you. I need to look for the pics that Bebe took of the quilt show that I went to with them.
By friends I will post on others peoples post later. I am just so happy to be back with you guys. :D :D

sueisallaboutquilts 10-12-2011 06:07 AM

I'm so glad you're back with us!!! And getting settled is great- happy for you!!!
I feel the same way about the board- isn't it nice???

HUGS
Sue

Kim T 10-12-2011 06:32 AM

Welcome back

ckcowl 10-12-2011 06:51 AM

there are lots of shops to check out on line (join the fabshophop to find a list of 150+ shops) then you can look for sales- and find good deals on batts ect- and purchase as you can afford-
there is a vast assortment of supplies and prices out there- just start looking= you will find what you need
a little at a time-
welcome back :)
remember we love to see the pictures of what you are doing!

erstan947 10-12-2011 06:52 AM

Happy you are back to your passion:)

Viola 10-12-2011 07:23 AM

You may like to check Connecting Threads on line. They now have some good sale prices on batting if it's a product you like. Sometimes they have good prices on pretty good fabrics. Check out their clearance items!!
Linda

doris.meek13088 10-12-2011 07:42 AM

JoAnn's has a sale on batting for $5.99 per yard on Oct 16-22 (regular $10.99)

QuiltnNan 10-12-2011 08:03 AM

i know what you mean... i moved twice in a year and there was very little quilting related done during that time. welcome back

blueangel 10-12-2011 08:11 AM

Welcome back

boohoofish 10-12-2011 08:24 AM

Buy your batting at Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's or Hancock's (if they are available) when they have a coupon or on sale. That is the only time I buy batting. Also, some of the stores have good fabric sales and thats when you pick up yardage for backing. Good luck!